54gene Nigeria recruitment | www.54gene.com.
54gene Nigeria recruitment 2020: How to apply for 54gene Nigeria recruitment, www.54gene.com , Molecular Genetics Scientist at 54gene Nigeria, 54gene Nigeria …See more details below
54gene Nigeria recruitment
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
Recommended: 10 Tips to make your CV Attractive
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Molecular Genetics Scientist
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 54gene molecular genetics laboratory. Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in molecular genetics research and related activities. Candidates must also be willing to travel as required.
- Perform laboratory procedures following SOP’s, including DNA/RNA/protein extraction from biological samples, RT-PCR and qPCR analyses, genotyping, microarray analyses, etc.
- Collect, inventory and bank biological samples in repository, according to laboratory guidelines
- Coordinate procurement of laboratory consumables
- Maintain accurate laboratory records
- Participate in training programmes relevant to laboratory practices
- Supervise junior members of laboratory team
- Present experimental data at team meetings, national and international conferences on a regular basis
- Evaluate new technologies to enhance or complement current research
- Essential: Master of Science Degree in Molecular Biology/Genetics or related subject
- Desirable: Ph.D. In Molecular Biology, Genetics or related subject
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or equivalent
- Good oral presentation skills
- 3 – 5 years of genetics/genomics research/molecular biology laboratory experience
- Presentation of posters and talks at national and international conferences
- Authorship and/or co-authorship of research publications
- Supervision of laboratory staff/interns and processes
- Experience within-silico biology, computational biology, biostatistics or bioinformatics is desirable but not essential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you have any question concerning 54gene Nigeria, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.