American Musical Dramatic Academy (AMDA) Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements 2021.
American Musical Dramatic Academy – AMDA Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements: AMDA Student login portal is now available for all American Musical Dramatic Academy student.
About American Musical Dramatic Academy
American Musical Dramatic Academy: The American Musical and Dramatic Academy is a private college conservatory for the performing arts located in New York City and Los Angeles, California.
The conservatory offers both Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees and two-year Certificates in Professional Performance.
Music and Drama are popular domains in the entertainment industry all over the world. It doesn’t only make one famous or earn one lots of money for those that know their onions, but helps one to build self esteem, confidence, self expression, interpersonal skills, imagination among others.
Day in day out, loads of people are plunging into the music and dance industry exploring its endless opportunities in areas like choreography, directing, producing, managing, scriptwriting, film making, content development, broadcasting, voice over, lecturing, editing and so on, and this has overtime made the industry become highly competitive.
The academy is a pacesetter. The school is the first to do an immersive, multi-disciplinary style of AOS or Certificate study. Its signature model of training has been adopted as the gold standard of performing arts education by colleges and universities throughout the country, as well as throughout the world. Its curriculum combines performance-based immersion in craft and technique with well-rounded and engaging academic studies.
PROGRAMSCAMPUSES AT AMDA
AREAS OF STUDY AT AMDA
Acting, Acting for camera, Music Theatre, Dance Theatre, Performing Arts, Theatre Arts.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Associate of Occupational studies.
AMDA offers lots of interesting programs. worthy of note is its BFA in Dance Theatre. The aforementioned is the only program in the United States of America that combines theatre dance and dance for film and television. All AMDA’s Degree Programs and AOS or Certificate Programs support, teach and guide artists focused in all areas of the performing arts including actors, singers, dancers, content creators, writers and producers.
It currently operates two campuses; Los Angeles and New York. At the Los Angeles campus, programs running there are four (4) Bachelor of Fine Arts programs, one (1) Bachelor of Arts program, and three (3) Associates of Occupational Studies programs.
You can choose to go for classes in either of the two campuses, or the two by starting out at New York, and then concluding at Los Angeles.
FACILITIES AT AMDA
They have state-of-the-art facilities. AMDA does not only have the traditional buildings, theatres and classrooms but also the cities of New York and Los Angeles. They have world-class theatre, television and film studios, museums, galleries and libraries. The environment in which it is situated is serene, well ventilated, safe and comfortable.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING AMDA
· You are most definitely going to have a successful career either in theatre, film and television.
· You will become an industry professional after being trained by skilled professionals.
· The academy leaves you professionally ready to work in Today’s competitive industry.
· You will receive top-notch training from directors, choreographers, actors, film directors, TV producers and casting agents who are still working in entertainment, and, you also have over 150 opportunities to perform each year.
· You will have access to the Artist’s Laboratory. This laboratory provides you with the opportunity to create and perform original content for stage, media, and film in a faculty-mentored setting.
· You will experience rigorous, performance-based training and an industry-focused education which transforms students and prepares them for the outside world.
· There is a student-instructor friendly relationship during practical and non practical classes.
· Easy transition into the professional performing arts industry, this is because you will be prepared thoroughly in your career, networking, audition techniques, and entrepreneurship.
· You get the opportunity to be part of Hollywood’s creative community; the studios, theatres and landmarks are your inspiration. The good thing is that films, shows and life performances take place daily. This helps you to have knowledge about how show business works.
· They put you through seamless core classes in voice, speech, movement, dance, and acting.
- Canada University Ranking and Acceptance Rate
- University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate and Application
- UC Merced Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements
- Carnegie Mellon University Acceptance Rate
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
In 1984, American Musical and Dramatically Academy (AMDA) was accredited institutionally and programmatically by an agency designated by the United States Department of Education. The name of the agency is National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
The academy is also licensed to operate in New York, by the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) under the New York State Department of Education. It is also licensed to operate in California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary School Education (BPPE) under the New under the Department of Consumer Affairs.
AMDA ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements vary depending on the program. Below are the following steps to take to gain admission
1. Application submission
2. Scheduling AMDA Audition
3. A phone interview with admissions
4. Submission of personal essay
5. Submission of letters of recommendation
6. Submission of academic records/transcripts
After the acceptance, students must do the following:
1. Meet the admissions team
2. Set up student portal
3. Apply for financial aid
4. Submit refundable deposit
5. Attend student reception
6. Arrival and orientation
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The following are the requirements that must be met by students from other countries before gaining admission into the academy:
1. Must submit application
2. Schedule AMDA Audition
3. Phone interview with admissions
4. Must submit personal essays
5. Must submit letter of recommendation
6. Must submit academic records (Transcripts)
7. Must submit proof of English proficiency
PROGRAM DATES + COSTS
Below are the start dates for AMDA programs:
2021 Fall: Oct 18, 2021
2022 Spring: Feb 21, 2022
2022 Summer: Jun 27, 2022
Admission at AMDA is a continuous process. However, all applications are to be completed no later than 60 to 90 days from the intended start date.
|Term (Semester)||Traditional Track||Accelerated Track|
|Certificates||4||2 yrs||1 yr, 4 mo|
|AOS||4||2 yrs||1 yr, 4 mo|
|BFA||8||4 yrs||2 yrs, 9 mo|
|BA||8||4 yrs||2 yrs, 9 mo|
Here is the 2021-2022 costs for The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York and the AMDA College of the Performing Arts in Los Angeles for students beginning their enrollment in Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Summer 2022.
Direct Costs (cost paid directly to AMDA)
|Off Campus||On Campus|
Indirect costs (cost that does not appear on your bill)
|Off Campus||On Campus|
AMDA is currently the premier performing arts college. It is a school that allows students to not only dream about their career but stage their career path by guiding them through the journey in the duration of the course, and making them become leading artists of their generation.
If you have any questions concerning American Musical Dramatic Academy, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.