- Company: American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Nigeria
This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs.
BRIEF HISTORY OF AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA.
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The Atiku Center (SENSE project) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the following positions below, this position is opened to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
1. Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Professor
Deadline: 21st November, 2019.
The School of Business and Entrepreneurship is recruiting to fill positions as described below:
Job Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Professor
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Expected Starting Date: January 1, 2020
Departmenrt: Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Finance and General Management
- AUN is seeking motivated Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Finance and General Management who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
- The candidates will contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- Appointees will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, Management, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required
- Knowledge and experience of the American Educational system is a MUST. American trained will be preferred.
- Prior teaching experience in a graduate or undergraduate program or corporate training is required
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. marketing, international business, Fintech, Business Analytics, Human Resources Management) is a plus
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- Proven experience and success in teaching in a variety of delivery formats, including face-to-face, online, and blended technologies is preferred.
- Ability to use variety of tools and technologies in the classroom.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to the “Dean, School of Business” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title” as the subject of the email.
2. Professor of Economics
We are recruiting ti fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor of Economics
- AUN is seeking a motivated Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor of Economics who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- S/he will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to contribute to the department’s
- The post-holder will possess a PhD in Economics from a reputable university, specializing in econometrics and be able to teach at least three of the following subjects: Mathematical Economics, Statistics & Probability, Game Theory, Environmental Economics, Labor Economics, Industrial Organization, and Money & Banking.
- The candidate should have experience teaching students how to conduct empirical research using statistical software packages such SPSS, Eviews, Stata, or SAS. Preference will be given to candidate who can demonstrate excellence as classroom instructors and as supervisors of student research projects.
- Candidates should possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with career stage. International experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must have a strong command of spoken and written English.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to “Dr. Wasiq Khan, Chair of the Economics Department” at the American University of Nigeria via: email@example.com using the Job title” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 20th November, 2019.
3. Communications Manager (Atiku Center)
Deadline: 31st October, 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager (Atiku Center)
Department: Atiku Center (SENSE project funded by USAID)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Two (2) Years
Summary of Position
- The Communications Manager will manage all project communications both electronic and print as well as be responsible for all press evens.
- S/he will be in charge of ensuring standards and adherence to USAID branding and marking plan. The position holder reports to the Chief of Party.
- BA in English, Mass communication or related field
- 5 years’ experience managing project communications
- Excellent writing skills (to be tested)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good oratory skills
- Experience developing success stories
- Experience as a press person
- Experience editor of print and-or electronic media
- Good editing skills
- Great ICT skills to be tested
- Teaching experience will be an added advantage
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here And Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a MS Word document or PDF file. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Instructions Above to Apply
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to somebody. share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.