DV American Visa Lottery Application Form | dvlottery.state.gov.
American Visa Lottery, USA Visa Lottery Application Form, How to apply for American Visa Lottery, DV Visa Lottery Application Form for 2022/2023 is out. www.dvlottery.state.gov , USA Visa Lottery…See more details below
DV Lottery state gov application 2022
VISA LOTTERY APPLICATION FORM
Each and Everyday people all over the world have been faced with the issues of getting the correct information they need as regards applying for the America Visa Lottery 2021 and all the processes involved in applying.
This fact has made us take out time to write this informative post on how to properly apply for the 2022/2023 America Visa Lottery.
There are various reasons why people seek for this visa lottery, it could be that they wish to live there, or work there, some need the lottery because they want to study there, whatever be the reason, this post will surely guide you on the right path to take.
American Visa Lottery Application Details
The only way to officially apply for a green card lottery is to apply online at the Dept. of State website. Beware of any other non-government websites that charge fees for this free application.
The online form that you fill is called Form DS-5501, Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form, that is available only during the DV open registration period.
You can not download the form and fill it out. Starting with DV-2005, paper entries are not accepted. Online process makes the process more efficient and secure. Moreover, Department of State uses the special technology and other means to identify the persons who commit fraud or illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries.
You should not wait until the last week of the registration period as there may be heavy demand and it may result in the web site delays.
SEE ALSO: CANADA VISA LOTTERY
If you do not fill the online form completely, your entry will be disqualified.
Regardless of who made the entry, if you make more than one entry, all of your entries will be disqualified. Regardless of who made the entry, you are completely responsible for making sure that information in the entry is correct and complete.
Do not send any documents (birth certificate, work experience, school records etc.) anywhere, other than making an online entry.
American Visa Lottery Application Form Instructions
Who cannot apply
This year, natives of the following countries are NOT eligible to apply: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, Venezuela, and Vietnam. Some exceptions apply based on parents’ country of birth and residence at time of applicant’s birth.
Who can apply
Persons born in Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible. For the full list of eligible countries, please see the Diversity Lottery Instructions beginning at page 16.
Individuals pursuing employment-based or family-based permanent residence in the United States may also register for the DV Lottery.
1. FULL NAME – Last/Family Name in Capital letters, First/Given Name, Middle Name
2. DATE OF BIRTH – Day, Month, Year
Please note that even though the date of birth format normally used in the U.S. is Month, Day, Year; you are supposed to write the date of birth in the format Day, Month, Year as it is normally used in the most parts of the world.
3. GENDER – Male or Female
4. CITY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – Self-explanatory.
5. COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN – The name of the country that is currently in use for the place where you were born.
6. COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY OR CHARGE ABILITY FOR THE DV PROGRAM – In most cases, it is the country of your birth. However, some applicants may be able to use the country of birth either their spouse or one of their parents.
7. ENTRY PHOTOGRAPH(S) – Recent digital photographs of yourself, your spouse and all your minor unmarried children under 21 years of age, if applicable. The photograph must be an individual photograph. Family or group photographs are not accepted.
Include all your natural children, children of your other spouse, legally adopted children and stepchildren who are unmarried under the age of 21 years on the date of your application. You need to includes these children even if you are no longer married to the child’s parent, even if the child does not reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
Do not include your children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.
If you are married, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order), you need to include your spouse as well even if he/she does reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Of course, if you are legally divorced or widowed, you no longer have a spouse and you don’t have to enter the former spouse information.
Married children and children 21 years of age or older are not eligible to be included in your DV application. However, according to the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), it may be possible for the child to immigrate with you if the DV application is made before the child turns 21 and the child turns 21 before visa issuance. In such cases, he/she may be protected from aging out and will be treated as if he/she were under 21 years solely for the purpose of processing the visa. However, in order to take advantage of this, the child actually must seek to acquire the immigrant visa within a year of the visa becoming available.
If you fail to list all of your eligible children and/or your spouse, it will result in the disqualification of the entire case and the immigration visa will be rejected at the time of visa interview. Of course, if you had any children born after you made the application and before the visa was issued, you could obviously not include those children in the original application and they would still get the immigrant visa.
Of course, you do not need to be married or have children in order to apply for lottery green card.
8. MAILING ADDRESS – In Care Of, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City/Town, District/County/Province/State, Postal Code/Zip Code, and Country.
9. COUNTRY WHERE YOU LIVE TODAY – Self-explanatory.
10. PHONE NUMBER – It is optional. However, if you have a phone number where you can be reached, is it recommended to put it.
11. E-MAIL ADDRESS – Starting with DV-2011 onwards, it is no longer optional. It is mandatory. Please provide the email address to which you have direct access. Please do not provide someone else’s email address or a general company address.
You will NOT receive an official selection letter at this email address. However, if your entry is selected and you respond to the official letter you received from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), you may receive follow-up communication from them by email.
12. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION YOU HAVE ACHIEVED, AS OF TODAY? You must indicate which one of the following represents your own highest level of educational achievement: (1) Primary school only, (2) High school, no degree, (3) High school degree, (4) Vocational school, (5) Some university courses, (6) University degree, (7) Some graduate level courses, (8) Master degree, (9) Some doctorate level courses, and (10) Doctorate degree
13. MARITAL STATUS – Unmarried, Married, Divorced, Widowed, or Legally Separated
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN– Total number of children. Please look at #7 above for further information.
15. SPOUSE INFORMATION – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, and Photograph. Please look at #7 above for further information.
16. CHILDREN INFORMATION – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, and Photograph. Please look at #7 above for further information.
Signatures are not required on the E-DV entry form.
DO YOU CARE TO STUDY ABROAD? SEE BELOW
- STUDY IN FRANCE
- STUDY IN CANADA
- STUDY IN IRELAND
- STUDY IN SCOTLAND
- STUDY IN SWEDEN
- STUDY IN POLAND
- STUDY IN NORWAY
- STUDY IN NEW-ZEALAND
- STUDY IN GERMANY
- STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
- STUDY IN CHINA
American Visa Lottery Application Confirmation
Once you successfully register the entry, you will see a confirmation screen that contains your name and a unique confirmation number. Print this confirmation screen for your records. You will need this confirmation number in order to check the status online, starting March of the next year.
If you lose the confirmation page (or number), the only way to know whether you have been selected in the lottery would be if you receive an official letter by post. The KCC cannot resend the confirmation page or number to you. American Visa Lottery
You can not get the list of selected persons from the U.S. embassy or consulate.
How to Apply For DV Lottery
Registration is free. All entries must be submitted through the Department of State’s online system. Incomplete, late, or paper submissions will not be accepted. Only one entry may be submitted per person. Spouses may submit separate entries (note that if one spouse is selected, the other is entitled to derivative status regardless of country of birth). Submitting more than one entry will result in disqualification.
The Department of State will randomly select individuals by computer. Beginning May 8, 2022, applicants will be able to check the status of their applications via the Entrant Status Check at the submission website above. Additional selections may be made after May 8, 2022 to ensure the use of all available diversity visas. Selected applicants will not be individually notified, so status must be checked online.
Selection in the lottery does not guarantee an individual will become a permanent resident. An individual must meet all qualifications for permanent residence, and a visa number must ultimately be available to the applicant. More individuals are selected in the lottery than there are available visas. As such, those selected in the DV Lottery are eligible to submit applications for permanent residence if and when a visa number for the individual becomes available, beginning October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023. In addition, the immigrant visa/green card must be issued by September 30, 2023
If you have any question concerning American Visa Lottery, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.