Best Place to Buy Crypto: Bitcoin has gone from an obscure digital asset to a highly valued method of payment and store of value. If you are Curious about buying bitcoins and investing in crypto? This article will educate you on the best cryptocurrency exchanges and investing sites.
25 Best Place to Buy Crypto and Trading Platforms
Cryptocurrency trading has exploded in popularity, largely due to the rise in value and popularity of cryptocurrencies themselves.
And while it can be intimidating at first, and although scams have occurred and continue to happen, today’s best crypto apps, exchanges, and platforms make buying and selling crypto simpler and clearer than it has been before.
Best Place to Buy and Send Crypto
There are several ways and places to invest in cryptocurrency.
Our list considers crypto exchanges, platforms, and online brokers that offer crypto, as well as cash and payment apps that let you buy and sell Bitcoin.
Voyager is a popular platform to invest in crypto as it was one of the first publicly traded exchanges. They are app-driven and offer a commission-free trading structure.
Voyager supports most major cryptocurrencies, has solid support and engagement, and pays competitive interest rates on assets.
Plus, when you open a Voyager account, you can earn $25 in BTC after trading $100 in crypto.
Voyager Pros and Cons
1. Very easy to use app-based interface
2. Commission-free trading structure
3. Voyager provides solid interest rates
1. Slow withdrawals (can take upwards of 1 day)
2. Not available in New York (yet)
BlockFi is a cryptocurrency investment platform that allows you to lend and earn interest on your holdings.
Also, instead of selling your coins and tokens, you can also borrow against your holdings.
If you’re just looking to hold your tokens, you can also just let them earn interest for you.
Bonus Offer: Get up to a $250 bonus when you make a $25 deposit and maintain it for the specified period of time.
BlockFi Pros and Cons
1. No commissions and fees
2. US-Based and regulated
3. Earn high interest on deposits
1. Doesn’t support many tokens and coins
2. Limited free withdrawals
Uphold offers a simple solution to trading multiple assets by opening one account and trading multiple assets without making a trip back to cash.
If you’ve ever traded crypto, you’ll know a lot of coins and tokens only trade in certain pairs, so you’re always going back to BTC or ETH.
But on Uphold, you can trade multiple assets directly. Plus, Uphold is one of the few exchanges that allow you to trade XRP, DOGE, and more.
Uphold Pros and Cons
1. The simple and transparent pricing structure
2. Lots of crypto tokens and even some stocks, including popular ones like XRP
3. Both desktop and mobile apps
1. Not as easy to use as some on this list
2. Some reports of poor customer service
If you’re looking for an alternative to trading cryptocurrencies, try Hodlnaut. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
Hodlnaut is a savings and lending platform that focuses on Bitcoin and several stablecoins.
Right now, you can earn up to 7.46% on your bitcoin and up to 12.73% on your USDC through saving and lending options on their platform.
Hodlnaut Pros and Cons
1. Pays high interest on holdings
2. No minimum balance requirements
3. Get $20 free when you deposit $1,000
1. Only supports BTC, ETH, DAI, USDC, and USDT
2. Support is based in Singapore and may be slow to respond
5. Bitcoin IRA
Bitcoin IRA is a little different than the other platforms here. Unlike most exchanges and wallets, you’re basically just exchanging currency and are subject to paying taxes on your gains.
With that being said, Bitcoin IRA combines the best of being a crypto wallet and exchange, with also being an IRA. That means that your gains inside the account are tax-free or tax-deferred.
Bitcoin IRA Pros and Cons
1. Invest in the cryptocurrency inside your IRA
2. Ability to earn interest on your crypto inside your IRA
3. High-security options
1. High fees
2. High minimums
3. Doesn’t support as many tokens and coins as other platforms on this list
Crypto.com is one of the largest and fastest-growing crypto exchanges. It’s based in Hong Kong but offers a ton of support for US-based customers.
Right now, you can have access to over 90 tokens and coins worldwide, and 50 tokens and coins if you’re in the United States.
Plus, they offer solid rates on their crypto savings accounts. The only major drawback is that it’s only app-based at this time, there is no desktop platform.
Crypto.com Pros and Cons
1. Huge amount of supported coins and tokens
2. Pays weekly interest on crypto savings
3. You can get a debit card linked to your account
1. Complicated fee structure
2. No desktop support, only app-based
3. Limited customer support
Best Place to Buy Crypto for Beginners
Investing in Bitcoin is all the rage but how exactly does a beginner get started? Do you need to already have Bitcoin to invest?
Or do you transfer money from your bank account to somewhere and convert it to Bitcoin? What does that look like?
Below are answers to you numerous questions:
eToro has been around for a while in the UK and throughout Europe, but they are now allowing traders in the United States.
They offer a huge variety of digital assets to buy and sell on their platform, and even better, they have a practice trading account so you can give it a try before you actually use real funds.
Right now, eToro is also offering a $10 bonus if you deposit and trade $100 in crypto-assets. This offer is only available for US users.
eToro Pros and Cons
1. Worldwide options for trading crypto
2. Ability to copy other traders’ portfolios
3. Low minimums to start
1. Limited options in the United States
2. Only available in 41 states
3. Doesn’t support as many tokens and coins as other platforms on this list
Coinbase is by far the most popular and one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges because you can invest directly with USD.
You can currently purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and 30+ other coins and tokens on the platform.
Furthermore, you can earn interest on your USDT, and you can earn token rewards by completing various activities.
Plus, when you open a new Coinbase account, you get a $5 BTC bonus after you make your first trade.
Coinbase Pros and Cons
1. Easiest to use interface
2. Good selection of tokens and coins to invest in
3. High level of security and trustworthiness
1. High fees unless using Coinbase Pro
2. The user does not control private keys in the wallet
3. Slow to adopt popular new cryptocurrencies
The place made for beginners, among many other places that you have used for cryptocurrencies, Luno is the most popular and attractive for newbies.
It has a very simple and safe manual, so you can open a profile with only a few steps.
The platform can easily be used on mobile devices and computers and you can check the investment whenever you like.
The only problem could be a shortlist of cryptocurrencies that the platform supports. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
One of the platforms that are backed by leading exchanges is Bybit. It could be a great place for those who want to feel safe when trading their first crypto coins
Not only that this is a safe platform, but it is also a very intuitive and smart site where you can trade your first coins.
They will offer you a stake USDT for 3% APY and great deals and fees. Most important, you will be completely safe on this platform.
They have full security from frauds and scams and your coins are stored offline with maximum protection.
Best Places to Buy Crypto Reddit
Reddit is a popular site for people interested in cryptocurrency trading. Here are Reddit’s top picks for the best crypto apps and exchanges:
A great platform for getting into some currencies like Cardano or Neo.
Not as easy to use as some of the top platforms on this list, but they do have one of the most robust trading platforms out there.
They do have a decent mobile app, but again, not as easy to use and we’ve been frustrated with it. Try Binance here.
Note: Binance.us is the US version of the platform and has limited coins and tokens to invest in versus the international version of Binance.
Features of Binance
‣ The largest array of supported cryptocurrencies (300+)
‣ A wide array of supported fiat currencies (50+)
‣ Binance Earn feature
‣ Binance Visa Card
‣ Advanced charting tools
‣ Earn lower fees by using the exchange’s native currency (Binance Coin)
Binance Pros and Cons
1. Huge amount of supported coins and tokens
2. Fast transactions times
3. Low fees
1. The U.S. has limited options compared to worldwide
2. Not available in all 50 states
3. Limited customer support
We have picked Gemini as the crypto exchange with the best security because it has robust security protocols, insures user funds, and is SOC 2-certified.
Gemini stands out for putting a strong emphasis on security and compliance. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
Additionally, it requires users to complete an identity verification process to reduce the potential for fraud.
Gemini also encourages users to utilize two-factor authentication to secure their accounts.
And it also provides the option to review and approve devices used to log onto the trading account.
Another standout security feature of Gemini is that it is SOC 2-certified, which means that third-party auditors have verified the company’s security and compliance frameworks.
Features of Gemini
‣ Versatile user interface that can be used by beginners and advanced crypto investors alike
‣ My Portfolio feature allows you to keep track of your account, view your balance, and more
‣ Has a highly-rated mobile app
‣ A wide array of supported crypto (40+)
Gemini Pros and Cons
1. Available to users in all 50 U.S. states
2. Highly liquid exchange
3. Insures funds held in the hot wallet
4. Strong security framework
1. High fees on many trades
2. Supports fewer cryptocurrencies than many competitor exchanges.
Newton is a cryptocurrency exchange located in Toronto, Canada. It was established in 2018 and offers one of the most comprehensive arrays of supported cryptocurrencies.
There are additional characteristics that distinguish this crypto exchange from the competition.
They also provide frequent offline site backups, cutting-edge data storage software for digital assets, and direct bank integration.
Features of Newton
‣ Zero trading fees
‣ Third-party custody
‣ Competitive spreads
‣ Highly-rated mobile app
‣ Wide array of supported cryptocurrencies
‣ Immediate account verification
It is great when you can rely on a great platform that has all you need to start with buying and a wide list of markets for cooperating with?
One of the greatest features of this platform is that it cooperates with a lot of markets and places for trading.
They also support newbies and as a first-time buyer, you can earn even $300 thanks to the special programs and fees.
Kraken is one of the original crypto trading platforms and they have a good selection of coins and tokens to trade and invest in.
They also allow margin trading. However, it’s a real exchange, and not as easy to use as some of the top platforms on this list.
Kraken is one of the few platforms on this list that allow you to trade in DOGE and other, more risky, tokens.
Note: Kraken offers a limited section of coins and tokens to US customers versus international customers.
Kraken offers two platforms, its main trading platform and its professional platform, Kraken Pro.
The exchange’s Pro dashboard provides highly customizable chart analysis tools, detailed insight into the order books, 13 order types, and high-speed execution.
In addition to spot trading, Kraken users can also trade cryptocurrency using margin and execute crypto derivatives trading strategies.
Features of Kraken
‣ Very wide range of supported crypto (90+)
‣ Simple and intuitive user interface
‣ Kraken Crypto Watch feature that allows you to keep track of the crypto market
‣ A plethora of information and educational resources on crypto for its users
‣ 24/7 customer support through a variety of methods
Kraken Pros and Cons
1. One of the longest-running crypto exchanges
2. High level of security and trust
3. A large variety of crypto and tokens to trade
1. One of the more difficult platforms to use
2. Difficulty with 2FA
3. Some reports of poor customer service
Best Place to Buy and Sell Crypto
Even those familiar with more traditional investing platforms.
Also, should be mindful that crypto often comes with different fee structures, narrower customer service options, and an increased role in investor insecurity.
BitMart is our top pick in the best for altcoins category because it allows users in 180+ countries to buy and sell over 1,000 cryptocurrencies.
This is a global cryptocurrency exchange that’s available in over 180 countries.
It allows users to buy, sell, and store over 1,000 digital currencies and tokens. BitMart offers more assets and trading pairs than its market-leading peers.
Investors looking to add newly launched or obscure crypto assets to their portfolios will likely find what they are looking for on this exchange.
Additionally, BitMart customers can use the exchange’s Earn feature to receive interest on crypto assets held with the exchange.
Users can also access trading fee discounts when holding the exchange’s native token, BMX. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
BitMart Pros and Cons
1. Supports a very large number of cryptocurrencies
2. Provides crypto earning opportunities
3. Offers a simple buy/sell cryptocurrency feature
1. Experienced a large-scale hack in 2021
2. Has received poor feedback from customers
17. Cash App
Cash App among Bitcoin-only exchanges as it allows you to seamlessly and securely buy, sell, and store Bitcoin from your smartphone.
It’s essentially a mobile banking app geared towards peer-to-peer payments, but it also has an investment component.
Users can invest in stocks, ETFs, and Bitcoin through Cash App. Unlike its peers, such as Robinhood and Venmo.
Cash App also lets users withdraw their Bitcoin to third-party wallets, which makes it stand out from its competition.
The main drawback of using the Cash App to buy and store Bitcoin is that the in-app wallet is custodial, which means the company holds your virtual currency on your behalf.
While custodial wallets can be convenient, they are also regarded as less secure than non-custodial wallets.
However, since you can withdraw your Bitcoin from Cash App, you can move your crypto into a personal wallet to which you hold the private keys.
Cash App’s Bitcoin trading fees vary and are only shown when you are asked to confirm your buy or sell transaction.
When you trade bitcoin, Cash App uses the mid-price and adds a spread fee.
Cash App Pros and Cons
1. Easy-to-use interface
2. Withdraw to wallets
3. Supports the Bitcoin Lightning Network
1. Only supports Bitcoin
2. Custodial wallet
3. Various limits on deposits, sales etc.
Bisq is our pick for best decentralized exchange because it allows users anywhere in the world to securely and privately buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
Bisq is an open-source cryptocurrency trading software that enables individuals from across the globe to trade a range of digital currencies and tokens in a peer-to-peer manner.
It currently supports over 100 digital assets.
This decentralized exchange does not require users to complete a Know Your Customer (KYC) identity verification process.
Neither is the trading software limited to users in specific jurisdictions.
On Bisq, users can buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using various payment methods, including bank wire transfers, ACH transfers, and cash deposits.
Additionally, the exchange is more targeted at making smaller trades as trading volumes are lower than on centralized global exchanges.
However, for experienced crypto investors who prefer to trade on a decentralized.
KYC-free platform, Bisq offers everything you need to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Bisq Pros and Cons
1. Available globally
2. Offers a high degree of privacy, no ID verification required
3. 50+ different payment options
1. Transaction speed can be slow
2. Trading volumes can be low
3. Not designed for active trading
Another heavy hitter when it comes to the sheer amount of coins available, KuCoin provides access to a wide library of altcoins at low fees. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
KuCoin Pros & Cons
1. Hundreds of tradable cryptos with low fees.
2. Can decrease trading fees by 20% by paying with KuCoin’s proprietary KCS stablecoin.
3. Automated and margin-based trading available.
1. Trading relies on U.S. dollar stablecoins, not fiat currency.
2. Though you can use U.S. dollars to buy select crypto, you must do so using an OTC, peer-to-peer market that may be too complex for beginner investors.
An early entrant to the crypto exchange space, Bitstamp currently provides a rather limited range of cryptos, though these may be enough to satisfy most traders.
Bitstamp Pros & Cons
1. Advanced charting capabilities.
1. Lower cybersecurity ranking than many others on this list and was subject to a $5 million hack in 2015.
2. The company now reports that 98% of customer assets are held offline, which may decrease the risk of future hacks.
3. Higher trading fees than other leaders until you trade more than $10,000 a month in crypto.
Boasting a veritable cornucopia of coin options, Bittrex may be best suited to high-volume traders who are able to take advantage of its discounted fee schedule.
Bittrex Pros & Cons
1. Instant buy/sell platform with an easy interface for beginner traders.
2. Hundreds of coins are available for advanced traders.
1. High fees for low-volume traders.
2. Lower cybersecurity score than other leaders in space.
bitFlyer offers a very limited range of coins but very low trading costs, making it a strong fit for those who want to trade a lot (or a little) of a small variety of cryptos.
bitFlyer Pros & Cons
1. Industry-low fees.
2. May be too complex for beginners and lacks thorough educational resources.
1. Very few cryptocurrencies are available to trade.
2. Lowest cybersecurity score in this ranking.
Pepperstone is a relatively new broker. However, it has grown exponentially over the past 10 years to become a reputable, popular broker.
Pepperstone is known for its low trading fees and is regulated by the FCA, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), and other regulatory bodies all listed on its website.
It uses some of the best trading platforms available, such as MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 and cTrader, available on mobile, tablet and desktop.
Pepperstone offers bitcoin trading on a CFD-basis (this means you are trading on the price movements of the currency and not buying/owning the coin itself).
Therefore, you will not need a digital wallet to trade with Pepperstone. A free demo account is available.
Cryptocurrency CFD trading with Pepperstone is only available for professional clients. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
As well as bitcoin, you can trade other cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash.
Blockchain.com was one of the early pioneers of key Bitcoin infrastructure. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
Today is recognized as the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the world supporting more than $1 trillion in crypto transactions.
Blockchain.com exchange offers fast trades and low fees which get even lower depending on the amount you trade.
Fees are structured on a maker/taker basis, which means that both the seller (maker) and the buyer (taker) pay a percentage of the value to the exchange to complete the trade.
For low value traders (up to $9,999 in 30 days), this is set at 0.20%/0.40%. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
Blockchain.com also offers the opportunity to use margin trading on cryptocurrency, with a set fee of 0.02% per trade and interest of 0.02% every four hours for held positions.
You can take advantage of up to five times the margin in your trades if that is your preferred strategy.
On Blockchain.com, not only can you access the market for fast, low-cost crypto trades but you can also open a wallet.
The Blockchain.com wallet makes the self-custody of cryptocurrency simple, and it is easy to open an account online. Blockchain.com is also just about to launch NFT trading too.
This another trading platform designed to make buying and selling cryptocurrencies easy for those living in Canada and at the moment, the service is only available in Canada.
Users can deposit with CAD, EUR and USD, using Interac, wire transfer, SEPA and crypto, and there are nine cryptocurrencies available to trade.
The trades are all commission-based, with 0.20% on a single trade, and 0.30% on a double trade.
For the advanced trader, different trading tools are available including limit orders and stop-loss, as well as read time charting and customized orders with order book functionality.
The basic account has all the functionality needed to make trades, but there is a Premium account aimed at professional traders that adds OTC trading.
Also, preferential pricing and a dedicated account manager to the basic account.
Buying bitcoin with CoinSmart is easy because the platform is designed with the idea that cryptocurrency should be accessible to everyone.
More Information on Coinsmart
One-click trading and straightforward pricing alongside great educational resources help to make the whole process simple.
The platform is secured using 2FA, and there are strict KYC/AML regulations in place to ensure that all user data is verified.
Most of the cryptocurrency assets are held in cold storage, to help protect them from hackers.
Robinhood allows users to buy and sell bitcoin free of charge. “Best Place to Buy Crypto”
The company has only recently introduced a web version, having been solely mobile-based, so is better suited to those who are comfortable using their phone to manage their money.
Up to now, Robinhood has only been accessible in 16 states, but its website states that it is coming to the UK in early 2020.
- New Year Quotes, Messages and Wishes to Celebrate a Fresh Start
- January 2023 Good Morning Message for that Special Person in Your life
- Good Night Messages for Friends to Give them a Chuckle
- Sensational Ice Cream Quotes With Savory Message
- Romantic and Sweet Good Morning Messages for Him
If you have any questions concerning 25 Best Place to Buy Crypto and Trading Platforms, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.