Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022/2023 Application Form Portal.
Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship: The University of Cambridge invites applications from suitably qualified students into their Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship for postgraduate programmes. This is a fully-funded scholarship for all domestic and international students at the university.
Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship Description
The Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. They award scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Degree Level for Gates Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme is available for the full-time post-graduate students of any programme.
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University.
Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
1. Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
2. Business Doctorate (BusD)
3. Master of Business (MBA)
4. Master of Finance (MFin)
6. MBBChir Clinical Studies
7. MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
8. Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
9. Part-time degrees
10. Non-degree courses
Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship Benefits
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge, including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides additional discretionary funding, such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork,.
Funding for Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional discretionary funding.
- The University Composition Fee at the rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)–for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The University Composition Fee varies for different students; applicants should see the Graduate Studies prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student from the European Union has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities, they must accept this and the Trust will not pay these fees.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Scholarships for International students
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for International Students
- USA Scholarships for International Students Application
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Acceptance Rate & Ranking
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship for Nigerian Students
However, the Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding discretionarily:
- Academic development funding–from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance–up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate). Funding is not provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork–you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding–should you require it. Also, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding–for unforeseen difficulties.
Number of Awards for Gates Scholarship
They award about 80 scholarships each year.
Eligible Nationalities for Bill Gates Scholarship
Any international student outside the United Kingdom
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
applying to pursue one of the following full time residential courses of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
Application Procedure for Gates Scholarship
Applicants apply for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate application portal
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 13 October 2023 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and early December 2022 or early January 2023, depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants)
If you have any questions concerning Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.