Carnegie Mellon University Acceptance Rate and Admission Requirements.
Carnegie Mellon University Acceptance Rate: Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is one of the most competitive schools to gain admission in the USA. It is highly selective with high GRE Scores when it comes to admitting students.
About Carnegie Mellon University – CMU
Carnegie Mellon University, CMU is a one of the highly rated private universities in the State. CMU was established in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish-American industrialist,in the late 19th century. The school is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. Carnegie Mellon University has over a dozen degree-granting locations in six continents. It has campuses in Qatar and Silicon Valley, including over 20 research partnerships.
The founder happens to be one of the richest Americans in history.
Acceptance Rate at Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh
The acceptance rate at Carnegie Mellon University is around 15.4%. This means that out every 100 applicants, only 15 are admitted, thus making the school extremely selective and difficult to get into. Carnegie Mellon University set a high standard as GPA requirements. SAT/ACT requirements are also part of the selection and consideration for admission into any of the institution’s academic programs. Failure to meet their expectations listed below, your chance of getting in is nearly zero.
Even with a high SAT/ACT and GPA, applicants still need to impress Carnegie Mellon through their other application requirements, which may include extracurriculars, essays, and letters of recommendation.
Carnegie Mellon Acceptance rate is not a definite acceptance rate for the school as it differs each year. Student Major can give a rate from the school’s previous enrollment.
The school received 44,159 applications from the 2019 application statistics and were admitted. Carnegie Mellon University’s acceptance rate is 15%.
Carnegie Mellon University’s previous Student Enrolment (Fall 2019-2020 application statistics)
|School of Architecture||566||30%||69|
|School of Art||777||16%||39|
|College of Design||741||7%||34|
|School of Drama||2,833||3%||64|
|School of Music||814||21%||51|
|Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences||5,913||24%||277|
|Mellon College of Science||7,199||18%||214|
|School of Computer Science||9,209||7%||218|
|Tepper School of Business||3,379||19%||144|
|Intercollege Degree Programs||674||11%||19|
Carnegie Mellon GPA, SAT and ACT Requirements
At Carnegie Mellon University, you need a very strong GPA to gain entrance. Although the average GPA as required by the school is 3.84.
The average GPA at Carnegie Mellon is 3.84.
Meeting a GPA requirement of 3.84 is still not a guarantee. CMU requires that you be near the top of your class. This will show in your transcript and a starting point is that you have mostly A’s.
However, if your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.84, you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to complement it and compete effectively against other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
Both the SAT and ACT have an optional essay section and Carnegie Mellon requires you to take the SAT Essay/ACT Writing section, which will be useful in their admissions consideration.
- UC Merced Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements
- Providence College Acceptance Rate and Admissions Requirements
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements
- Loyola Marymount University Acceptance Rate and Admission Requirements
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Acceptance Rate & Ranking
- UC Santa Cruz Academic Program, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate
SAT Subject Test Requirements
Schools vary in their SAT subject test requirements. Typically, selective schools tend to require them, while most schools in the country do not.
Carnegie Mellon University is among the few ones in the country that requires SAT subject tests for admission. If you want to increase your chances of getting enrolled, go for the 75th percentile, with a 1560 SAT or a 35 ACT. Together a 3.84 GPA or higher. If your GPA is lower than this, you need to compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score.
Selective institutions like Carnegie Mellon, often need to be impressed with the rest of your application. We’ll cover those details next.
But if you apply with
Carnegie Mellon Admission Requirements
- High School Performance
- Standardized Tests
- Teacher, and Counselor Recommendations
- Non-academic Information
- Non-academic information includes the following
- Extracurricular Contributions
- Passion and Perseverance
- Leadership and Community Engagement
- The Common Application Essay
- Carnegie Mellon Short Answer Questions
Carnegie Mellon Undergraduate Admission
As an undergraduate program applicant at Carnegie Mellon University, you must fulfill the following requirements below:
- Send in a common application
- Pay a $75 application fee
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Submit all required standardized testing official score reports, which includes the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Get teacher recommendation
- Submit a secondary school counselor evaluation
- Write a common application essay
Additional Requirements are:
- CMU Common Application Writing Supplement, which contains three short answer questions.
- All fine arts applicants to the Schools of Drama and Music are to arrange required pre-screen, audition, or portfolio review.
- All fine art applications to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design are required to submit the required portfolio and creative materials.
- Applicants are mandated to submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and also, a list of all textbooks used.
- Applicants are also mandated to provide proof showing that they have met all requirements for an official high school diploma, by the end of May of the year of graduation.
- Submit an official final transcript, GED or certificate of completion from your local school district or state board of education by the end of July of the year of matriculation.
If you have any questions concerning Carnegie Mellon University Acceptance Rate, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.