Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative for Young Nigerians 2022 Application.
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative: Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative 2022 for Young Nigerians.
About the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners.
Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
Former U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, was a champion of civil liberties, democracy and closer ties between the U.S. and Nigeria.
CYFI invites applications from fellows who are committed to putting the ideals of Walter Carrington into practice.
The CYFI Board of Directors will select fellows who demonstrate the exceptional passion, skill, experience, strategic thinking and vision necessary to implement their own innovative and impactful projects.
➢ Open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Projects
1. Teams of 2-4 fellows submit project proposals to the CYFI Board
2. Projects should be achievable in scope and address a current issue in Nigeria
3. CYFI Board supports fellows by working to connect them with resources and contacts
4. Fellows work on their own time to implement projects
5. End of year recognition ceremony for fellows
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Benefits
Selected Fellows will:
1. Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern them
2. Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
3. Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
4. Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
5. Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
- Marie Curie Fellowship
- Facebook Fellowship Program
- Leventis Foundation Fellowships
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- IBRAF Fellowship Program on South-South and Triangular Cooperation
Carrington Youth Fellowship Expectations
1. Complete CYFI Project as part of 3-5 fellow project team
2. Attend monthly project status meetings with CYFI Board of Directors
3. Participate in roundtables, networking events, and team building events
The Selection Criteria
1. Passion: You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country
2. Skill & Experience: You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact
3. Strategic Thinking: You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project. You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complementary organizations.
4. Vision: You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make
How to Apply for the Youth Fellowship Initiative
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply Here” button below:
If you have any questions concerning Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this