Catholic Relief Services: Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Catholic Relief Services 2023/2024.
Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2023/2024
In 1943, the Roman Catholic Bishops of the United States established Catholic Relief Services to help war-torn Europe and its refugees recover. During World War II, CRS’s work focused on the resettlement of war refugees in Europe. Today, more than 75 years later, our mission continues to focus on the poor overseas, using the gospel of Jesus Christ as our mandate. We continually seek to help those most in need, providing assistance on the basis of need, without regard to race, creed, or nationality.
Job Title: Finance Officer
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the preparation and delivery of financial services.
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Deputy Finance Manager and is responsible for the delivery of accounting and financial reporting services for the Country Program ensuring strict compliance with Country Program/Agency policies and Donor Fund regulations
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place
- Ensure timely recording of financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare to correct entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Project Insight, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate sub-recipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen the capacity of partners in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with sub-recipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- A B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Administration is strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two (2 ) years of accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project Insight, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Required Languages – English
Travel – include a percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and are used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- OpenLabs Recruitment
- Aves International Academy Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In UK
- Health Care Assistant Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All CP staff
How to Apply
Interested applicants should Please access this link: CLICK HERE for full details of the job and the application process. Applicants should submit their CVs and letter of interest
If you have any questions concerning Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2023/2024, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.