Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme Application Portal.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship: The government of Ireland has started accepting applications from outstanding international scholars for its 2021 Scholarship Programme. The Ireland Scholarship Programme application deadline is 29th October 2020.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council. The Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
See Also: Texas Scholarship List and Application Form Portal 2020/2021
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- Individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners, awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
The programme provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility.
- Open to outstanding international scholars;
- The awards are made equally across the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and arts, humanities, and social science (AHSS);
- Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognized that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
- An eligible RPO is one that possesses an existing in-house capacity to carry out research that materially extends and enhances the Irish research base and is in a position to demonstrate an independent capability to undertake and lead research projects/programmes, as approved by the Council.
- Eligible Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and Research-Performing Organisations (RPOs):
A recognised HEI in Ireland must be:
- A third-level institution within the meaning of Section One of the Higher Education Authority Act, 1971;
- And/or approved for the purposes of the Free Fees Initiative;
- And/or in receipt of public funding from the Department of Education and Skills for the purpose of higher education and research.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Value.
The scholarship provides:
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
|Call open||3 September 2020|
|FAQ deadline||22 October 2020|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 29 October 2020|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 5 November 2020|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 November 2020|
|Call outcome||End of March 2021|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2021|
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship.
Potential applicants should read the 2021 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
Visit Official Webpage for more information
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme Application Deadline: 29th October 2020
If you have any questions concerning the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.