Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Recruitment 2021.
GSS Recruitment: Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Recruitment 2021/2022.
In accordance with the objectives of Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) – provision of quality,
relevant, accurate and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development -as stipulated in Clause 3 of the Statistical Service Act, 2019 (Act 1003), and oversight of capacity building in the statistical ecosystem, GSS routinely engages data collection personnel in the discharge of its duties.
The engagement of field staff is preceded by trainings aimed at equipping trainees with the knowledge, understanding and application of the instruments for data collection. Due to the recurrence of this activity in the conduct of national censuses and surveys, GSS has resolved to certify trainers to engender the following: continuous learning, retraining and coaching; a three-way (GSS, field staff and respondents) trust building; equitable distribution of trainers across localities and enumeration areas; creation of a a pool of trainers to be used by all data collection institutions; and institute a career development path for trainers.
The pre-certification programme will equip selected applicants with the tools to effectively
communicate key concepts to other trainers and to enumerators. In addition, critical topics such as presentation skills, virtual presentation skills, classroom management, leadership and management and communicating effectively will be part of the training content. The upcoming population and housing census will be used to launch the maiden programme for the certification of trainers for data collection in Ghana.
This training programme will combine virtual with in-person modules and will run from 5th October 2020 to 5th February 2021 for National Trainers and from 7th November 2020 to 5th March 2021 for Regional Trainers.
The training will certify participants as professional trainers who have the communication,
management, and leadership skills to effectively train others on a large and complex scale and qualify them as trainers for the upcoming Population and Housing Census and future censuses.
The pre-certification of trainers will make them eligible for participation in trainings for other national censuses and surveys of the Ghana Statistical Service which include but not limited tothe periodic conduct of agriculture censuses and surveys, economic censuses and surveys, Ghana Living Standards Survey, Demographic and Health Surveys and the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys.
Trainers with the requisite background and knowledge will be the preferred option for GSS in the recruitment of field monitors and report writers. This is a unique advantage in the
circumstance of a job search with the Service and other government agencies, research
institutions, and academic institutions.
Trainers can progress from regional trainers through national trainers to earn certification as master trainers.
Roles and Responsibilities of Trainers
- Conducting effective training of field personnel
- Planning and supervision of field practice
- Managing logistics
- Daily reporting and feedback
- Administering scheduled assessments
- Daily classroom management and supervision
- Enforcing adherence to health (COVID-19) protocols (for in-person trainings)
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent experience as trainer for censuses/surveys
- A teaching background will be an added advantage
GSS Recruitment Application Process
GSS therefore, invites interested persons who are meticulous and goal-oriented with leadership qualities to apply. There are no fees required to apply. Eligible persons should apply online through https://phc2020.statsghana.gov.gh.
GSS Requirements for Online Application
- Residential address including digital address
- Employment status and experience (if any)
- Age, sex, nationality
- National ID (passport, driving license, voters ID or national ID)
- Personal and emergency contact person’s phone numbers
- Email address
- Most recent digital or electronic passport size picture with white background (not more
than three months old)
- Copy of most recent certificate
Applicants will have the choice to select the National Training Certification (for trainers of
other trainers) or Regional Training Certification (for trainers of field officers) when applying.
Applicants may contact GSS on 0591476893, 0206850157 or 0551625567 from 8 am – 8 pm or email email@example.com for further information and clarification.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until 25th September 2020 for National Trainers and 23rd October for Regional Trainers.
GSS Recruitment Portal
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm into the position of Director of Communication and Dissemination.
Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) is a government institution that is mandated to collect, collate, assess and disseminate official statistics in Ghana.
Position: Director of Communication & Dissemination
To provide leadership, technical and operational direction for the implementation of the programmes and activities related to Communication and Dissemination Directorate (CDD). The Post holder shall develop a Communications Strategy to support the dissemination of official statistics in Ghana, deepen collaboration with its key stakeholders and deliver transformational change.
Duties & Responsibilities
The specific responsibilities of the Director of CDD are as follows:
- Provide clear and visionary leadership and management of communications professionals and their teams, to ensure that activities of the directorate are coherent with wider organisational objectives;
- Oversee the implementation of activities and plans for the Directorate, including media and public relationships, library, records and archives, infographics and visualisation, editorial and publishing, and data services in accordance with the needs of the strategy of the Service;
- Guide and direct the development of a communications and dissemination strategy to educate as well as enhance the image of the Service;
- Develop strategies for the marketing of GSS products and services;
- Retool the Directorate to participate in the compilation and dissemination of GSS’s statistical outputs to enhance the visibility of the work of the Service; Retain oversight responsibility of all communication content, including social media content, ensuring coherence and consistency of message and alignment with the institution’s strategic objectives; Conceptualise and write creative content for internal and external publications like speeches, presentations, media messaging, newsletters, website content, editorial-style articles, briefing notes, video and radio scripts;
- Lead on stakeholder relations, including
- key account relationships, National Advisory Committee for the Producers and Users of Statistics, reviving the stakeholder function, and devising a systematic programme of targeted engagement which meets the needs of the Government Statistician and the GSS Board;
- Coordinate the organization of statistical literacy programmes for key stakeholders and the general public;
- Plan and supervise GSS Press Releases, Press Conference and briefings, seminars, workshops, and other events;
- Facilitate foreign travel and other protocol arrangements;
- Coordinate the design and development of publicity/communication materials supporting statistical enquiries, and products and services from the activities of the Service;
- Coordinate the updating of the indicators in the Ghana Info, Country State, Accelerated Data Programme (ADP), Census Info, Integrated Management Information System (MIS) and other databases; and,
- Prepare and submit quarterly, annual and other periodic reports on the Communication and Dissemination
- A minimum of Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution with specialisation in any of the following disciplines: Statistics, Demography/Population Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences and related fields;
- Postgraduate degree/certificate in communications, journalism, public relations or another related field;
- Minimum of (10) years post-first degree qualification relevant work experience, (5) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable statistical or research institution;
- Extensive experience in public relations and advocacy.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of the Statistical Service Law, 2019 (Act 1003)
- Strong leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
- Proven experience in building, coaching, and mentoring a team and capacity to inspire and motivate staff
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Adaptability and flexibility to change
- Capability in statistical analysis and report writing
- Information management skills
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management Act, Act 921; Internal Audit Agency Act (IAA), 2003, Act 658; Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2003, Act 663 and the Labour Act (LA), 2003, Act 651.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for an initial four (4) years, renewable upon satisfactory performance. Applicants must be eligible and capable of serving a full term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
DUTY POST: GSS Head Office, Accra
How to Apply for GSS Recruitment
Interested applicants are to submit six copies of the following set of documents to the address below:
- An application letter which gives evidence of examples of experience based on the enumerated selection criteria;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers, e-mail address and three referees, including contact details; Internal candidates must have two satisfactory Staff Performance Appraisal Reports for immediate past years
- A vision statement of a maximum length of two pages;
- Brief Statement of job responsibilities in the current/latest post;
- Copies of sample writing, i.e., project report, analytical report, proposals, etc;
- Any other relevant information.
GHANA STATISTICAL SERVICE GOVERNING BOARD
GHANA STATISTICAL SERVICE
P.O. BOX GP 1098
Note: Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
GSS Recruitment Application Deadline: Not Stated
If you have any questions concerning GSS Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.