House of Reps order suspension of Navy Recruitment with all 44 new intakes from the North. The House noted that “every Nigerian deserves to be treated with dignity and rights, irrespective of where they may be located physically in the country.”
The House of Representatives has ordered the Nigerian Navy to suspend its ongoing recruitment exercise, describing it as unfair and not in compliance with the federal character principle in the Constitution.
The House noted that “every Nigerian deserves to be treated with dignity and rights, irrespective of where they may be located physically in the country.”
Also, the lower chamber requested the Navy to provide details of all its recruitments from 2014 to date, including the geographical spread.
It further mandated the Navy to “investigate the exercise and recommend appropriate measures to avoid similar constitutional violations in all future government recruitment and report back within 12 weeks for further legislative action.”
These resolutions followed the unanimous adoption of a motion to investigate the process of the Nigerian Navy Supplementary Recruitment of 44 candidates.
Sponsor of the motion, Ben Igbakpa, explained that all the successful candidates that are to report for training at the Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Onne, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, “are all from a particular part of the country, which negates the federal character principle of all inclusiveness, equity and fair play.”
The list had all 44 candidates from the North.
If you have any questions concerning House of Reps order suspension of Navy Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
- Nigerian Army Screening Examination Centres in Nigeria
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment Application Form Portal
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Examination Centres in Nigeria
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Course 29 Recruitment Application Portal
- Nigerian Navy DSS Shortlisted Candidates From Screening
- Nigerian Army 81RRI Recruitment Application Portal
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidate for Training
- Nigerian Army DSSC Shortlisted Candidate | Download PDF List Here
- Nigerian Army Recruitment Application Form Portal (81RRI)
- Nigerian Police Force Screening Date and Exams Centres
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment Form Application Portal
- Civil Defence Recruitment Application Portal
- Civil Defence Recruitment Screening Date & Exams
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.