How to Immigrate to Canada: An extensive information on how to immigrate to Canada as an international student will be provided in this post. This article will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision and accomplish your goals, whether you are thinking about going to college or want to start a new life in Canada.
How to Immigrate to Canada as an International Student
Canada is a sought-after destination for international students seeking a world-class education and a high quality of life. With its welcoming and diverse environment, many international students also view Canada as a pathway to permanent residency and citizenship.
What is a study permit?
As per Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), a study permit is a document that grants foreign nationals permission to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada.
Once your study permit application is approved, the Government will issue a study permit approval letter along with an entry visa (if required) in your passport, authorizing your travel to Canada.
Typically, a study permit is valid for the duration of your study program, along with an additional 90 days to prepare to leave Canada or apply for a permit extension. However, some exceptions apply to this guideline. For instance, if you receive a conditional acceptance, your permit will be valid for the length of those courses plus one year, after which you must apply to extend your stay as a student.
If you fail to complete your courses before the expiry date on your permit, you must apply to extend your stay as a student. Conversely, if you finish your studies earlier, your permit will no longer be valid 90 days after completing your studies.
One critical condition of your study permit is that you must actively pursue your studies in Canada. In case you take a leave of absence from your program, your study permit will become invalid 150 days after the date of your leave, irrespective of the permit’s expiry date. If you fail to resume your studies within 150 days, you must either apply to amend your status in Canada or leave the country beforehand.
- How to create a group chat on Instagram
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: Revolutionizing the Oil & Gas Industry
- 20 Dc Animated Movies In Order: September, New Update
- 45 Good Movies To Watch On Netflix: September, New Update
- The Internet Is Taking Sides in the Matter of Jonas vs. Turner
Preparing to apply for a student permit
When applying for a post-secondary program in Canada, it is crucial to keep in mind the following considerations:
Relocate to Canada Today!
- Timelines: It is advisable to initiate the application process for a post-secondary program at least a year in advance. This allows sufficient time for research and preparation for the application process.
- Identifying a program and school: To obtain a study permit, it is essential to apply to a designated learning institution (DLI). Each province and territory manage Canada’s education system, and post-secondary schools in Canada include universities, colleges, private career colleges, and vocational and technical schools. Each school has its own application rules and selection criteria. For detailed information on various study programs, costs, and tips about student life, one may refer to EduCanada. To learn more about the education system in each province and territory, the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) can be a helpful resource.
- Cost of living and studying: Tuition fees constitute a significant cost of overseas education, but it is important to budget for other expenses such as books, housing, food, clothing, travel, and transportation. The cost of education varies across Canadian provinces. It is important to note that the Government of Canada does not provide health insurance for foreign students, so private insurance may need to be budgeted separately.
By considering these factors, prospective international students can make informed decisions and prepare for a successful study experience in Canada.
If you have any questions concerning How to Immigrate to Canada as an International Student, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.