Apply for 2020 ICTP Prize for young Researchers from Developing Countries | www.ictp.it.
ICTP Prize for young Researchers 2020: ICTP is now accepting nominations for young researchers from developing countries for the 2020 ICTP Prize, www.ictp.it.
ICTP Prize for young Researchers
The prize recognizes outstanding and original contributions to physics and includes a sculpture, a certificate, and a cash prize. Past winners include Ashoke Sen (1989), the Indian theoretical physicist who was awarded the 2012 Fundamental Physics Prize, and former ICTP Director Fernando Quevedo (1998).
ICTP Prize for young Researchers Requirements
Anybody can nominate a candidate for the ICTP Prize. In order for a candidate to be considered, ICTP needs the following essential information:
- Candidate’s up-to-date curriculum vitae, including birthplace and date, nationality, education, main positions held including present placement and duties, and major honours and awards. Candidates must have obtained their PhD less than 12 years earlier, specifically after 31 December 2008 for the 2020 prize (or after 31 December 2007 for women with one child; after 31 December 2006 for women with two children);
- Brief description of scientific achievements and proposed citation;
- Two letters of recommendation.
It would greatly help the selection work, and make it more accurate, if you could provide us with additional information on:
1) Names of additional potential referees or nominators
2) Current phone and email address
3) List of significant publications
Self nominations are acceptable.
Please submit your nomination, along with a signed and dated cover letter, by 30 September 2020 in one of the following ways:
Completed nominations–which must include a signed and dated cover letter–can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by regular mail to: ICTP Prize 2020, ICTP Director’s Office, Strada Costiera 11, I-34151 Trieste, Italy
30 September, 2020.
For More Information:
If you have any question concerning ICTP Prize for young Researchers, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.