IFAD Recruitment Portal: The IFAD Recruitment Portal is now open for the fiscal year. Learn how to apply for jobs at the International Fund for Agricultural Development for free online. Please read the article below for guidelines.
IFAD Recruitment Portal www.ifad.org
The Federal Government of Nigeria and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have approved the establishment of the Country Programme Advisory Team (CPAT) for the coordination of all IFAD funded projects in Nigeria.
The team is to ensure quality and provide unified and result-based services to the country programmes in the following thematic areas; Monitoring & Evaluation, Youth and Gender Mainstreaming, Climate change adaptation and Environment, Nutrition mainstreaming, Financial inclusion, Finance and Expenditure Management, Communication and Knowledge Management.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Job Title: Senior Finance Management Officer (SFMO)
- Reporting to the Lead CPA, the SFMO heads the Financial Management Unit (FMU) of the CPAT.
- S/he provides financial management to support risk management, coherent and consistent application of procedures and crosscutting activities of the finance units of the projects.
- Provide guidelines for the preparation and updating of the projects’ Financial Manuals and ensure adherence to their provisions.
- Evaluate periodically the financial reporting and internal control arrangements for the IFAD projects in Nigeria and prepare proposals for improvements.
- Liaise bet.
- Ensure that project financial management and accounts are correctly maintained and operated in a timely manner according to the project plans, relevant project documents/mission reports and IFAD project procedures and that they deliver high-quality outputs in a variety of project implementation processes.
- Travel periodically to the projects to check the operation of the system of internal control and control of reports submitted by the management units.
- Participate in FMARD and/or IFAD supervision and evaluation missions to identify lessons learned and implications for the projects’ next steps.
- The duration of the assignment will be for an initial two years, renewable annually based on the successful completion of a one-year probational period, and availability of resources.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or MBA or equivalent qualification in accounting and finance.
- Professional certification (ACA, ACCA, ANAN).
- Certified training in financial management in internationally funded projects.
- Basic knowledge of IFAD Financial Management Practices and Procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Government of Nigeria Financial Practices and Procedures
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in a relevant donor-funded project with similar responsibilities in budgeting, accounting and reporting procedures of international donors.
- Ability to present financial information in a clear, concise manner to a non-technical audience.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
2. Job Title: Liaison Officer – CASP and VCDP (LO)
- Microsoft Windows Insider Grace Hopper Award Contest
- How to Download Power Ball Winner Numbers
- Top Photography Courses with Certificate
- 12 Top Ranking Investment Platforms in Nigeria
- All you Need to Know about Google Workshop for Education and How to Apply
- An organized, efficient, and communicative liaison officer to coordinate between CPAT and VCDP or CASP as the case may be.
- In this role, the LO will act as the middle person in order to streamline operations, resolve issues, improve communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the operations of the projects which they represent, as well as an understanding of what is required of the projects by the CPAT or IFAD/PCU
- Develop and foster relationships with the relevant stakeholders, and projects
- Compile reports, Collect, analyze, and utilize data for feedback to their respective project.
- About particular incidents, events, or updates about an important issue for the projects.
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary on behalf of the project with CPAT and MDAs
- The duration of the assignment will be on 2-year renewal based on assessed performance.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of first degree required
- 2 years of experience in a related role
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. A fair knowledge of other foreign languages is an added advantage
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Mistake to Avoid While Applying for IFAD Recruitment
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes.
So take note of the following:
- Apply on time, do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you supply all the necessary requirements
- Take time to crosscheck your details before submission.
- Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- The online application is free.
Update For Shortlisted Applicants
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, when shortlisted:
• Endeavour to get information about the company.
• Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit.
• Also, go through your application.
• Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
• The practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
• It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application.
• You start planning the celebration but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
• Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything.
• Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend, etc.
• Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
• Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.
If you have any questions concerning IFAD Recruitment Portal www.ifad.org, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.