How to Install VPN on Firestick/Fire TV and Android in 2022 | With Discount.
How to Install VPN on Fire TV Stick: Below are step-by-step procedures and tutorial VPN for Firestick in setup process with video and screenshot guides.
The Amazon Firestick is the most popular streaming device available because of its low price point and jailbreaking capabilities.
IPVanish is recognized as the world’s fastest VPN which is the most important feature since we are using it to stream large HD video files.
Why Use a VPN for Firestick/Fire TV?
Why would you want to set up a VPN for your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV?
So that your Internet service provider (ISP), app/addon developers, hackers, site operators, and other organizations can’t monitor and log what you are streaming or downloading.
A VPN will encrypt your connection to the Internet and create an anonymous connection through a masked IP address, which will hide your identity and activity.
A VPN may increase your streaming speeds because many Internet providers impose throttling methods for various streaming apps such as Cinema HD, Kodi, Stremio, Syncler, etc.
The same is also true for Kodi users who prefer to stream with various Kodi Addons and Kodi Builds.
A VPN will eliminate ISP throttling and allow you to connect at speeds that will stop buffering on the Firestick/Fire TV.
Another reason to use a VPN on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV is to have the option of accessing sites or streams that are only available to people in certain geographical regions.
A quality VPN like IPVanish will help evade censorship due to geographic locations and that’s why it is claimed the best VPN for Streaming UFC and Watching the NBA Online.
- 18 Best Torrent Sites
- Download FIFA 2021 Apk Data Obb Mod Android
- Top 10 List of Mobile Network Operators in United States of America
Best VPN For Firestick & Android TV Box
What Is the Best VPN For Firestick & Android TV Box?
We have used over a dozen VPN services during the past seven years and I finally came across one that works very well with all models of the Fire TV.
One of the most important features to look at when comparing VPN services is download/streaming speed.
No matter which VPN service that you choose, you will notice a drop in your download speed due to the fact that your traffic is routed through a separate VPN server, and your connections are encrypted.
IPVanish provides the best download speeds when compared to their competitors and they do not keep any traffic logs of what you stream/download or access on the Internet.
IPVanish VPN provides an optimized application for the Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Television that works excellent with the remote.
The user interface makes it simple to use a VPN on your Fire TV device. Most VPN services do not provide a Fire TV/Fire TV Stick application which makes IPVanish the preferred choice due to its ease of use.
IPVanish does not keep track of any traffic logs so if they were ever requested to provide your streaming history, it doesn’t exist.
Install VPN for Firestick & Android TV Video Tutorial
Install VPN for Firestick/Fire TV Screenshot Guide
Amazon App Store Instructions – New Fire TV Interface
This first set of instructions are for those using the new Fire TV interface.
This includes the Fire TV Stick Lite, 3rd Gen Firestick, or 2nd gen Fire TV Cube.
If using the Amazon Firestick 4K, Fire TV Televisions, 1st gen Fire TV Cube, and older models of the Amazon Firestick, refer to the instructions for the old interface that follows.
NOTE: Not all devices will have this interface as it is slowly rolling out to Firesticks and Fire TVs.
Step 1 – Register for an account at IPVanish with a discount
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – That’s it! You have installed IPVanish VPN on your Firestick/Fire TV.
Old Fire TV Interface Instructions
If you are using an Amazon Firestick 4K, Fire TV Television, 1st gen Fire TV Cube, and older models of the Amazon Firestick follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Register for an account at IPVanish with a discount
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish“.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the Download button.
Step 5 – Click Open to launch the IPVanish VPN application.
Step 6 – Input your IPVanish username and password and then click Login.
Step 7 – Click the CONNECT button.
Step 8 – If you receive a VPN connection request such as this, click OK.
Step 9 – Click the Disconnect button to stop service.
Install VPN for Android TV Box
If you have an Android TV Box such as NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL, or other stock Android Box, we can easily install IPVanish as well.
Use the guide below to install VPN for Android via the Google Play Store on your preferred Android device.
1. On the home screen of your Android TV Box, select the Google Play Store icon.
- Note: You will need to create a free Google Account if you don’t already have one so you are able to download apps from the Google Play Store.
2. After launching the Google Play Store click the search box on the top of your screen.
3. Type “ipvanish” in the search bar.
4. Then click Install.
5. Wait a few seconds for the IPVanish VPN application to install.
6. Once IPVanish VPN has installed on your Android TV Box, return to the home screen and select Applications towards the bottom.
7. Locate IPVanish VPN within your Applications and click the icon to launch.
8. Next login to IPVanish with your registered username and password.
9. When logging in for the first time on your device you will be prompted with a tutorial message. Feel free to view the tutorial, but we just chose Skip.
10. You will then be redirected to the IPVanish VPN interface. Select Quick Connect.
11. To connect your VPN simply click the CONNECT button.
- You will also notice the three options below CONNECT. I suggest leaving those options to default, as this will ensure you are connected to the fastest IPVanish server near your location.
12. When this message appears click OK.
13. That’s it! You have successfully installed IPVanish VPN on your Android TV Box. Notice where it says “Connected” within the Connection Status row.
Install VPN for Firestick/Android TV With Downloader App
If IPVanish is not available in Amazon App Store on your Fire TV model, you may install it through Downloader by following these instructions.
This method also works for any Android TV Box.
However, we can also install in VPN for Firestick/Android with just a few clicks using the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer.
Install the Best Streaming Apps in Minutes
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and enable Unknown Sources within the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
2. Launch Downloader
3. If prompted, click Allow.
4. Click OK for developer notes.Try IPVanish Risk-Free Now!
5. Click the search box.
6. Type in the shortcode https://troypoint.com/ipv and click Go
7. Click Install
8. Click Open
9. Input your IPVanish VPN Username & Password
10. That’s it! You have successfully installed IPVanish VPN for your Firestick/Fire TV using Downloader. Now Click Connect
Available IPVanish VPN Settings for Firestick/Android
Note: If you don’t see some of these settings in your IPVanish app this means that you don’t have the most recent update. I suggest uninstalling your current app Fire TV Settings / Applications / Manage Installed Applications / IPVanish / Uninstall. Then, reinstall the app.
To access the settings section, click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
Start IPVanish will automatically launch the application when the Firestick or Fire TV is turned on.
I leave this off because there are some applications that I don’t use the VPN with.
Auto Reconnect will automatically re-connect the VPN if it is terminated for some reason unexpectedly.
I keep this option turned on to allow for maximum protection in case the VPN disconnects for some reason.
Allow LAN access when turned on will not route local are network traffic through the VPN.
I keep this turned on so that I can connect to the Firestick or Fire TV through the network with various apps such as Plex Media Server or Amazon Fire TV Remote control app.
Split Tunneling allows the user to choose applications that can connect to the Internet without being routed through the VPN.
This is handy when using applications that don’t allow for VPN use such as Netflix. This feature is still in its infancy and may not work properly on all Fire TV models yet.
Once inside the Split Tunneling settings, you can check which apps don’t require VPN protection.
Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner will allow you to show system apps such as Prime Video so you can activate this feature for those as well.
Select the Show system apps button.
System apps are displayed after enabling “Show system apps”.
Scramble adds obfuscation to Open VPN which may allow it to bypass Websites or services that block VPNs.
I keep this off unless there is a site or service that is blocking my VPN where this setting circumvents the action.
VPN Protocol is the connection protocol used by the application.
OpenVPN (TCP) and OpenVPN (UDP) are the available settings for VPN Protocol. UDP usually provides much faster download speeds when using a VPN so I recommend that option.
If your VPN app is not connecting, it may help to switch your connection protocol in this section.
Port is the tunnel through which your Internet traffic moves.
Port 443 is optimal since this is usually used for HTTPS traffic and may help get around various blocks.
I suggest leaving this setting on 443 unless directly by IPVanish staff to change it.
Contact Support will direct you to the IPVanish support information.
Terms of Service provide their most recent document.
Licenses provide a document with the licenses used within the application/service.
How To Test VPN Is Working On Firestick & Android TV
After you have installed and activated a VPN on your Firestick or Android Box, you may wonder how you can test to ensure that the service is working properly. This is simple!
Follow the quick steps below to test out your VPN connection.
1. Click the Connect button within the IPVanish Fire TV/Firestick VPN to activate a secure connection
2. Install the Amazon Silk Browser for free on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick through the Amazon App Store
(For those using Android TV Box, we suggest the Puffin Browser)
3. Launch the Silk Browser
4. Click the search bar on top
5. Within the address bar of the browser, type the following address – dnsleaktest.com and click Go
6. That’s it! You can now see your IP Address has changed after connecting to IPVanish VPN
Another useful tool to ensure your VPN is always connected is by using an application called VPNSafetyDot.Try IPVanish Risk-Free Now!
This is a VPN kill switch alternative that works perfectly on the Firestick/Fire TV. This will grant peace of mind whenever streaming on your device.
Use the link below to install this VPN Kill Switch Alternative on your preferred device:
Free VPN for Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Box
Is there a free VPN for Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV Box? Yes but they all come with limitations.
The free Firestick VPNs provide slow download speeds and then they try to up-sell you to their “faster plan”. This is salesmanship at its best so beware.
It is crucial to use a VPN that provides fast download speeds due to the fact that we are sending large video files to our Firestick or Fire TV.
There are also free services available but they will turn around and sell your user data to a third party which negates the reason for having a VPN in the first place.
Refer to the guide below for more information on free VPNs and why you should avoid them when streaming/downloading.
IPVanish VPN has an untarnished reputation which is important when choosing a service designed to protect your identity and privacy.
General Firestick VPN Troubleshooting Tips
- If your IPVanish Firestick/Fire TV/Fire TV Cube VPN application is not connecting, go into Settings / VPN Protocol and change to OpenVPN (TCP) or OpenVPN (UDP), whichever one isn’t currently active
- Restart both your Fire TV/Stick and router by unplugging from power, let sit for a minute and then plug back in.
- If your download speed seems slow or you are experiencing buffering, choose a different server, close to where you are located within the VPN application. Keep in mind that there are multiple servers available for each location and you can try each of them to see which provides better results.
- If you are having problems logging into IPVanish VPN, double-check that there are no spaces within the email address that you use as your login. Sometimes there is a space that is automatically added following the @ symbol.
- Uninstall the IPVanish VPN app on the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by going into Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / IPVanish and then click uninstall. After you have removed the VPN, reinstall with the guide above.
- If the IPVanish application doesn’t appear in Amazon App Store on your device, follow the screenshot guide above for installing through the Downloader app.
- If you forgot or lost your IPVanish password, you can reset it by clicking the “Forgot Password” link within the login area on the IPVanish Website.
- No VPN will work on the 1st Generation Firestick (released in 2014) due to low processing power.
- If you need help with something, send IPVanish an email firstname.lastname@example.org
IPVanish VPN 24/7 Live Support
IPVanish provides 24/7 live support through their Website if you have questions about your account, pricing, or technical support.
You will see a Help button in the navigation bar at the top of the IPVanish VPN Website. Click that!
Read more about IPVanish VPN through our in-depth review which you will find below.
VPN for Firestick FAQ
What is the Best VPN for Firestick?
The best VPN for Firestick is IPVanish due to its blazing fast speeds and zero-logging policy. It’s important to use a fast VPN due to the fact that you are streaming large HD files with the Firestick.
Is there a Free VPN for Firestick or Fire TV?
Yes, there are free VPNs but they are slow and won’t allow you to stream HD content. Most Free VPNs will sell your data to 3rd parties and this is how they make money.
Why does my Download Speed Decrease when Using a VPN?
Download speed will decrease due to the fact that you are routing your traffic through a 3rd party server and encrypting your connection. Download speed will still be fast enough to stream HD content.
Does IPVanish VPN Work with Netflix?
Yes, IPVanish works with Netflix.
What Does a VPN do?
A VPN encrypts your connection to the Internet and masks your IP address. This prevents your ISP, government, hackers, app/addon developers from logging what you are accessing while online.
If you have any questions concerning How to Install VPN on Fire TV Stick, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.