Everything You Need to Know about ISO Student Insurance.
ISO Student Insurance: Do you know that ISO Insurance specializes in providing creative insurance solutions for unique demands in the field of international health insurance. Keep reading below to know everything about ISO Insurance.
ISO becomes the leading provider of health insurance solutions for international students who are pursuing their academic journey.
We are able to create and introduce health insurance plans specifically designated to the special requirements of different universities, colleges, high schools, and other educational institutes.
ISO – International Student Organization – is the largest and most valuable association of international students currently studying in the USA.
As a leader, ISO always stands at the service of international students who are currently studying in the USA. Founded in 1958, ISO strives to address the needs of international students.
More Details on ISO
The objective of the organization has never changed: to ease the life of international students while away from their home country.
This objective is fulfilled by providing international students with information that might help them get through their educational experience in easier and more affordable ways.
ISO’s knowledgeable and efficient Customer Care representatives are able to communicate with international students in a variety of foreign languages, such as Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Hindi, and more.
There is nothing more important than providing a smooth transition for our international students in the U.S., especially when it comes to understanding their insurance options.
There are so many health insurance providers in the US, but Happy Schools recommends ISOA Health Insurance for the following reasons:
- ISOA provides cheap insurance for foreign students
- Great coverage options
- Good customer service
- Insurance Plans start at $31 per month.
ISO Mission Statement
We do our utmost to provide our customers with the best, affordable, international student insurance plans. We will complement this by maintaining the highest quality of customer service.
We want to exceed customer satisfaction and dedicate ourselves to continuously improving our services.
- An alternative to your school’s plan will save you a lot of money!
- Shop around! If your school offers an expensive health insurance plan, find out if it can be waived – search for the waiver requirements. These requirements will mention information such as how much coverage your alternative plan should have, coverage dates, and waiver deadline. Use this list to find out if ISO has a plan for you.
- If you don’t see any plans listed for your school or you’re unsure if the plan meets the requirements, email us at ISO and include your school’s waiver requirements. We can then match or double-check for you with the plan that best suits your school’s criteria. If it turns out that we don’t have a plan that fits, we might even be able to amend some of the existing plans until they meet the special school’s requirements.
- Check with your school’s international student office or association. Many schools work with ISO to make affordable health insurance more accessible for their students.
- Some schools are now mandating that health plans meet guidelines that have been put in place by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). For this reason, we have the affordable “ISO Care and ISO Share plan” specifically for schools that require this kind of coverage for their international students.
- Take a look at all the plan options, covered medical expenses, and exclusions. Look over the policy brochures and make sure that you know what you’ll be covered for and what you want. Start by comparing maximum benefits, co-insurance, and deductible. If you have questions, contact the insurance company or ask your advisor for assistance.
- Look into the PPO network of service providers and check how much it will cost you to go to a qualified doctor which is out of the assigned network. Are there providers near you?
1. Who is eligible for the membership?
You must be a non-U.S. citizen/ resident residing outside of your home country and are who are actively engaged in education or research activities.
Alumni of U.S. schools and dependents of students and scholars are also eligible for ISO membership.
2. What are the benefits and discounts?
- Up-to-date scholarships/grants/fellowships information
- Exclusive discounts such as clothes, school supplies, traveling, and even more
- Comprehensive medical insurance for both international students/scholars and their family members
- Tips and hints on living in the U. S.
- The community atmosphere and interactions with other international students
How Can I Apply For ISO?
To enroll in an ISO membership, simply download and complete the membership enrollment form and send it along with a check/money order made out to “ISO” and mail to the address below.
150 W 30th Street, Suite 1101
New York, NY, 10001
3. How long will the membership last?
The membership is valid for one year and it is renewable.
4. When can I start to use my member benefits?
As soon as we receive your enrollment form and check, you will be able to use member benefits.
5. How much is the membership fee?
ISO annual membership dues is $16 for international students/ scholar and $25 for non-students.
6. Can I purchase the plan if I am outside the United States?
Yes, you can purchase the plan on the website, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. A confirmation email attached with the PDF insurance card and a confirmation letter will be sent to you directly after your purchase.
7. Do I need to provide proof of visa and other documents when I purchase the plan?
No, ISO does not require members to show any proof or documents when purchasing the plan. We might ask for additional information when processing a pending claim. Please note that any failure in providing valid proof is liable to result in the denial of a claim.
ISO Application Eligibility
You are eligible for the ISO Student Insurance if you are a participant of the ISO – International Student Organization, are non-U.S. Citizen, have a current passport or visa, hold an F1/M1 visa, with a valid Employment Authorization Document, and are temporarily residing outside your home country/country of permanent residence.
For purposes of this insurance, if your home country (passport country) is different from your country of permanent residence (location in which you permanently reside), you will not be covered in either location.
Permanent residents or persons who have applied for permanent residency are not eligible for coverage under the master policy.
If you have any questions concerning ISO Student Insurance, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.