Jamb Fine Arts Syllabus 2021/2022 UTME | www.jamb.org.ng.
Jamb Fine Arts Syllabus | Fine Arts JAMB syllabus 2021/2022 Academic session, This syllabus is designed to test the candidate knowledge from the course objectives outline below.
Jamb Fine Arts Syllabus
The aim of this Jamb syllabus is to prepare a candidate for the course objectives before the Board’s examination…see more details below
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Art is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- exhibit knowledge of the fundamental elements, principles and terminology of art;
- demonstrate knowledge of historical dimensions of art with emphasis on Egyptian and Nigerian art;
- demonstrate knowledge of artistic techniques, processes, the use of materials and maintenance of tools and equipment;
- display aesthetic sensitivity to the environment and knowledge of the meaning and function of art in society.
Fine Arts Syllabus from JAMB
Below are some of the benefits you will derive from having the Art syllabus:
- Getting the Art syllabus will enable you know the topics you need to prepare for.
- You will get to know what you’re expected to know from each of the topic.
- The recommended texts section also outline the list of Art books (titles, authors, and editions) you can read.
Jamb Fine Arts Syllabus Guide
SECTION A1. CLASSIFICATION OF ART:
a. Visual Arts: (Fine and Applied Arts)b.Performing Arts: (Music, Dance and Drama)c.Literary Arts: (Poetry, Prose, Recitals) etc.
2. ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN:a.Elements: line, colour, shape, form, texture, tone, value, space etc.b.Principles: balance, rhythm, proportion, harmony, contrast, repetition, dominance, variety, etc
3. ART TERMS: Pigments, motif, greenware, armature, silhouette, chiaroscuro, cireperdue, terra-cotta etc.Candidates should be able to:i.differentiate between the three branches of art; ii. identify the elements of design; iii. analyse the principles of design;iv. identify art terms; v. link the terms to their areas of art; vi. use the terms in analyzing artworks
SECTION B1. HISTORICAL DIMENSIONS OF ART:
a.Prehistoric, Greek and Roman Art;b.Medieval Art: architecture, surface decorations and calligraphy;c.Renaissance Art and Artists: Giotto Di Bondone, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Leonardo da Vinci and Raphael (Raffaello Santi);d.19thand 20thCentury art movements; Impressionism, Realism, Futurism, Cubism, Bauhaus, Pop art, Abstract Expressionism and Fauvism.
2. TRADITIONAL AFRICAN ART: Egypt, Ashanti, Dogon, Mossi, Fon, Senufo,Bambara, Mende, Kissi, Bamileke andBakumba.
3. TRADITIONAL NIGERIAN ART: Nok, Igbo-Ukwu, Ife, Benin, Esie, Igala Jukun, Akwashi, and Mbari
4. NIGERIAN CRAFTS: Pottery, woodworks, cloth-weaving, carving,leather works, metal works, beadworks, bodydecoration, mat and cane weaving.
5. DEVELOPMENT IN CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN ARTS AND ARTISTS:
a. Art Schools: Zaria, Nsukka, Osogbo groupetc.b.Nigerian artists and art educators; AinaOnabolu, Ben Enwonwu, S. I. Wangboje, Jimoh Akolo, Dele Jegede etc.Candidates should be able to:
i. compare their materials, styles, and techniques;
ii. classify the periods and styles with an emphasis on architecture, surface decoration, and calligraphy;
iii. compare the artists, their works, and styles; iv. differentiate between the various art movements;
v.v. analyze their styles techniques, innovations, and influences;
vi. categorize works in terms of style, materials, and locations;
vii. categorize works in terms of styles, materials, and locations
viii. analyze the works in terms of functions, characteristics, and locations
ix. trace the origins, locations, and styles
x. determine the influence of the art schools and groups;
xi. assess the artists in terms of their works, specializations, techniques, and styles
If you have any questions concerning Fine Arts Syllabus from JAMB, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.
- JAMB Chemistry Syllabus
- JAMB Commerce Syllabus
- JAMB CRS Syllabus
- JAMB Economics Syllabus
- JAMB French Syllabus
- JAMB Geography Syllabus
- JAMB Government Syllabus
- JAMB Hausa Syllabus