Japan Foundation Scholarship | www.unu.edu.
Japan Foundation Scholarship | Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is open for Developing Countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Sustainability taught at United Nations University The deadline of the scholarship is 10 April 2020.
Japan Foundation Scholarship 2020
Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is open for Developing Countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Sustainability taught at United Nations University The deadline of the scholarhip is 10 Apr 2020.
Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available to undertake Masters level programs at United Nations University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Students from developing countries (listed in the latest OECD DAC list) are eligible to apply.
- a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months.
- The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
- However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
UNU-IAS welcomes applicants with:
- a keen interest in the pressing global issues on the UN agenda and in particular those of sustainability;
- an aspiration to pursue careers in international fields in public service or private organizations, including the United Nations, multinational corporations and non-governmental organizations as well as research and academic institutions;
- the intention to proactively apply academic research findings to policymaking; and
- a strong desire to contribute to the solving of problems concerning global environment, through an interdisciplinary approach.
for the Master of Science in Sustainability are required to have met
the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be
who wish to participate a double degree programme between UNU-IAS and
the Department of Urban Engineering in the Graduate School of
Engineering at the University of Tokyo must be shortlisted by the
University of Tokyo before submitting application to UNU-IAS.
- A strong interest in sustainability studies;
- Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues;
- A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education in a field related to sustainability (Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before September 2020 may also apply.);
- A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale for the bachelor’s degree earned;
- English language proficiency.Please see the section below for more details.
English Language Requirements
The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are:
- 600 on TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT) OR
- 100 on TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) OR
- 7.0 on IELTS – Academic format
Applicants, except for the cases below, must submit original TOEFL or IELTS score reports (from a test taken within the last two years) to Admissions Office at the time of application:
- Applicants whose first language is English.
- Applicants who graduated from a university or a postgraduate school located in an English speaking country.
- Applicants who completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme where the language of instruction and examination was English. In this case, an official statement from the academic institution will be required, confirming the use of English as the language of instruction and examination.
UNU-IAS requires original TOEFL/IELTS score reports (no photocopies accepted).
- TOEFL: Please order an official score report using an institution code 6991. For more information on TOEFL, please visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- IELTS: Please request that an official report be sent directly to UNU-IAS. For more information on IELTS, please visit http://www.ielts.org/
Japan Foundation Scholarship Fees
Application Processing Fee: None
Tuition Fee: 10,000 USD per year
Estimated total expenses for the master’s degree programme for 2 years including tuition are approximately 56,000 USD. Applicants must show financial resources adequate to meet the full costs of educational and living expenses.
- Your official application must be submitted through the online application form.
- You will need to create a user account to submit your applications.
- The online form can be saved and returned to at any time before submitting.
How to Apply
If you have any question concerning Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.