Kenya Prison Service (KPS) Recruitment 2022/2023 – How to Apply Online – www.prisons.go.ke.
Kenya Prison Service Recruitment: Application are invited into the Kenya Prison Service (KPS) Job Vacancies for 2022/2023 Recruitment exercise. See requirements and how to apply for KPS Recruitment below, – www.prisons.go.ke.
The management of the Kenya Prison Service (KPS), hereby invites all interested and suitably qualified person’s to apply for the online Job vacancies application into the Kenya Prison Service cadet.
About Kenya Prison Service
The Kenya Prisons Service is a Department in the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
It contributes to public safety and security by ensuring there is safe custody of all persons who are lawfully committed to prison facilities, as well as facilitating the rehabilitation of custodial sentenced offenders for community reintegration.
KPS Recruitment Positions and requirements
Below are the necessary requirements you must acquire before applying for kenya prison service job:
- Interested candidates must hold the KCSE with a minimum grade of D+ or its equivalent from a recognized school
- Applicants must be citizens of Kenya
- You must be aged 18 – 28 for high school leavers
- Applicants must ensure that they are physically and mentally fit
- Male applicants must be taller than 5.4 feet while female applicants must be taller than 5’’2
- You must have good hearing and a clear vision
- Must not have been involved in criminal activity in the past
- Female applicants must not be pregnant during the application or during the training period
- All applicants are expected to come with their original national ID card, KRA PIN Certificate, Educational Certificate, as well as their testimonials on the day of accomplishment
- Applicants can bear associate intensive Government-sponsored professional paramilitary program for a period of 9 months
- During the process of the skilled coaching, recruits are to register for a Self-Sponsored Certificate in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University
Kenya Prisons Service Vacancies Qualification
Application into Kenya Prison Service is open to technicians and artisans. This group of people must possess some stipulated certificate to be considered for a place in KPS
Technicians – Candidates applying as technicians are required to hold relevant certificate/diploma from reputable institutions
Artisans – Persons applying as artisans are required to hold a minimum grade of D+ in their Kenyan Certificate Examination.
Artisans may also present Certificates in Government Trade or Certificate in Craft.
In addition to the certificate, applicants are required to have a minimum working experience of 2 years.
Kenya Prisons Service Job Vacancies
- Clinical Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Nursing Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Public Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Radiographers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Pharmaceutical Technologists III/II/I (PG 3)
- Community Oral Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Health Records Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Laboratory Technologists III (PG 3)
- Nutritionists III/II (PG 3)
- Animal Health Officers (PG 3)
- Information-Communication Technology Officers III (PG 3)
- Housekeepers/Caterers II (PG 3)
- P1 Tutors (PG 2)
- Early-Childhood Development Officers (PG 1)
- Cooks (PG 1)
- Bands Men (PG 1)
Positions for individuals applying as artisans include;
- Masonry or Brick birthing (PG 1/2/3)
- Construction or craft & Joinery (PG1/2/3 )
- Tailoring, Dress creating, Fashion &Designing (PG1/2/3)
- Fitter General (PG 1/2/3)
- Architects Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Metal employees (PG 1/2/3)
- Wood/Stone carvers (PG 1/2/3)
- Leather Works (PG 1/2/3)
- Electrical Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Painting & sign writers (PG1/2/3)
- Plant Technicians (PG 1/2/3)
- Plumbers/Water offer Operators (PG 1/2/3)
- Draughtsman (PG 1/2/3)
- Videographers (PG 1/2/3)
- Hair and Beauty Therapist (PG 1/2/3)
- Welding and fabrication (PG ½)
KPS Recruitment Portal
As of the time of filing the report, the KPS portal is closed and the website doesn’t seem to be accessible. We urge all prospective applicants to be vigilant and not be naive to fall to scammers who peddle false information with the aim of disposing of prospective applicants of money.
How to Apply for KPS Recruitment Online
The management of KPS have not yet release the mode of application for the 2022 edition. However, we can confirm to you that the method of the application follows almost the mode on a yearly basis.
Each year, applicants are required to complete the PSC two type (2007 revised) on https://publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of the required documents which include relevant certificates, National ID card, and transfer the file to
The Commissioner General of Prisons
- Pan African University Scholarships for Africans
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- How to Check KSCE Result Online
If you have any questions concerning Kenya Prison Service Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.