Kano State AGRO Pastoral Development Project (KSADP) Application Form Portal 2023.
KSADP Support Program: The Kano State AGRO Pastoral Development Project Registration Application Form Portal is now open for Agricultural empowerment scheme 2023.
About Kano State AGRO Pastoral Development Project (KSADP)
The Kano State Agro Pastoral Development Project is aimed at supporting the Government’s efforts to promote inclusive economic growth in Kano State. The Agro-pastoral development approach of the proposed project will target the most vulnerable, including women and youth, to promote increased agricultural production and commercialization.
The theory of change of the project is to transform the smallholder farming to commercially viable businesses by developing commodity value chains in order to reduce rural poverty, food insecurity and unemployment. The project will contribute to the Government efforts to reduce socio-economic inter-states disparities as well as rural urban migration.
The project is consistent with the economic Recovery and Growth Plan 2017-2020 and the Kano State Development Plan 2016-2025. The project will contribute to the implementation of IDB’s MCPS, particularly Pillar 2 “Integrated Rural Development”.
KSADP Support Program Objectives
The project activities are based on the following components:
- Component A: Agro pastoral productivity and production Enhancement ($47.98 million)
- Component B: Value addition and Market Access ($32.05 million)
- Component C: Project Coordination and Management ($7.60 million)
- Grazing resources are sustainably managed through the establishment of grazing reserve committees and the implementation of family-owned and managed pasture development.
- Milk value chains are developed through improved productivity of cattle, milk collection and processing, and better marketing of milk and dairy products.
- Meat (beef, mutton, and goat meat) value chains are developed with increased productivity of animals and better marketing of live animals and safer, hygienical processed meat.
- Crop production is increased.
- Livestock household incomes are increased.
- Farmers are skilled to better access inputs and markets.
- Land developed for irrigation.
Benefits and Impact
- The percentage of the population living below the poverty line is reduced by 30%.
- The percentage of the population of the target zone affected by chronic food shortage is reduced by 50%.
Kano State AGRO Pastoral Development Project (KSADP) Eligibility criteria
Livestock Fattening and Reproduction Schemes
The Kano State Government received financing from the Islamic Development Bank through the Federal Government to implement the Kano State Agro-pastoral Development Project, the objective of is to contribute to poverty reduction and to strengthen food and nutrition security of vulnerable population in Kano state through sustainable development of livestock and crop selected value chains.
The aims are to develop Agro-Pastoral production systems in the State. The project directly addresses a fundamental root cause of low animal productivity and conflicts because of the transhumance in Nigeria and particularly in Kano State.
The project will invest in the development of sustainable production systems that are resilient with respect to both climate and market shocks by investing in markets institutions and infrastructures and natural resources management and conservation. Part of the fund will be use to financed the underlisted activities.
Livestock Matching Grant Schemes: This is one major fattening activities established under the project and it is aimed at producing an additional 100kg of beef per cow and an additional 15kg of meat from small ruminants through the incremental production of fodder.
- FMARDSPACE AFJP Disbursement of Grant Date
- NG Cares Grant Registration Application Form Portal
- Federal Government Loans /Grants in Nigeria
- SEIFAC Disbursement Date of Loan / Grant
KSADP Support Application Requirements
- (1) Only the applicant within the age of 18 to 40 years for male candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interview.
- (2) There is no age limit for Women and persons with special needs (PWSN).
- (3) Attach Birth Certificate/declaration of age.
- (4) Attach Local Government Indigene Certificate.
- (5) All CATTLE/RAM FARMING SCHEME must pay 50% of matching grant of their intervention before being qualified to receive the support.
How to Apply For KSADP Support Program 2023
Click Here to Apply
Kindly follow the required procedures in the first steps and verify your phone number before you proceed for the next step of the registration.
If you have any questions concerning KSADP Support Program, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.
Im muhammad bello thanks
I THANK TO KSADP ORGANIZATION I AMMUHAMMAD DIKKO
If I loose my registration data how can I retrieve it again
Please i apply but how can i knoqn i know you invited me to interview
Assalamualaikum…. Plz l apply but they haven’t called me for the interview.
Am really appreciated