Local Government Service Recruitment Application Portal 2022 | www.lgs.gov.gh.
Local Government Service Recruitment: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants into the Ghana Local Government Service Recruitment. Apply for the Local Government Service Job below.
Local Government Service Recruitment
The Local Government Service is a public service institution established by the Local Government Service Act, 2003 (Act 656) which has been repealed and replaced with the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936). The Service exists ‘’to secure effective administration and management of the decentralised local government system in the country.
The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) and in accordance with the Local Governance Act of 2016, Act 936 is seeking highly a successful and result-oriented person to fill the following position:
VACANT DESCRIPTION: DISTRICT CO-ORDINATING DIRECTOR
To provide leadership in the implementation of official policies and
programmes at the local level.
As the administrative head of the Office of the District Assembly and Coordinator of the activities of the Departments of the District Assembly, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the following.
- Promotes effective coordination and institutional relationships among departments of the MMDAs, and other organizations at the local level;
- Assesses project proposals and contract agreements to ensure compliance with prescribed laws and regulations;
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of new policies;
- Acts as the Secretary to the District Assembly;
- Acts as Advisor to the Metropolitan, Municipal or District Chief Executive;
- Leads in the preparation of all MMDA level plans and programmes;
- Ensures compliance with all national-level laws, policies, and plans at the local level;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills, and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Development Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Public Administration or equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of six (6) months relevant working experience as a substantive Director or its analogous grade/rank in the Local Government Service (LGS) as at the time of applying; and
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
The Ideal candidates must also have the following knowledge, and skills mix:
- Public Financial Management
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Substantial expertise in Public Sector Management, Project Management, and Local Government Administration;
- Excellent analytical skills; and
- Literate in Information & Communications Technology.
How to Apply for Local Government Service Recruitment
Applicants shall submit an application and attach copies of the following:
- Educational/Academic Certificates;
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates;
- Curriculum vitae indicating the addresses of three (3) referees of which one must be professionally-related.
- This vacancy is open to all Directors and analogous grades in the various classes of the Service.
Application Deadline: Friday, 22nd May, 2022
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396
- Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment For Officers Enlistment
- Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Recruitment Portal
- NADMO Recruitment Application Portal & Guidelines
- Ghana Education Service (GES) Promotion Aptitude Test Date
- GES Recruitment Examination Date | www.ges.gov.gh
- Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority Recruitment Application Portal
If you have any questions concerning Ghana Local Government Service Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.