Mastercard Foundation Masters Scholarships: The Mastercard Foundation Masters Scholarships are now accepting applications from qualified students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all University of Oxford students.
Mastercard Foundation Masters Scholarships
About the Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship program is grounded in the Mastercard Foundation, and AfOx shared values of collegiality, empathy, commitment, inclusion and community.
The Scholarship is part of the broader AfOx Graduate Scholars Program, which aims to support African students to access opportunities at Oxford and to thrive both during and after their time at the University.
Benefits of Mastercard Foundation Masters Scholarships
1. This full-cost scholarship is available to Master’s students, covering tuition fees and living expenses for international students.
The scholarship also provides logistics support, including an economy return flight, visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees, settling down allowance, and access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
The first year includes a rigorous academic Master’s course at Oxford and a Leadership and Impact Program, which support the scholars in developing collaborative leadership qualities needed to build cross-sector, interdisciplinary solutions to address complex social and environmental problems.
2. After completing their Master’s Program, Scholars will be supported to take up 4-6 months placements in leading Africa-based organizations for their Ubuntu Period of Service.
The scholars will work on initiatives in Africa, receiving mentoring from leading Africa-based academics and practitioners, enabling the Scholars to develop pathways to building impactful careers in Africa.
3. The Scholars benefit from a bespoke Leadership and Impact Program delivered in partnership with the Skoll Centre for Social Enterprise and tailored academic and social support throughout their studies.
Beyond their studies, Scholars will join the AfOx Alumni Network, where they can continue to draw on and contribute to the community of African Scholars linked to the University of Oxford.
Besides the peer support from the Scholar Community, the Scholars have access to mentorship and career support from AfOx Research and Innovation Fellows and the more comprehensive AfOx network of research leaders and entrepreneurs.
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation Masters Scholarships
1. The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship enables students from all African countries to pursue graduate studies at the University of Oxford.
2. All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the scholarship.
- British Council GREAT Scholarships
- Qatar University Scholarships
- Avancez Scholarship for African Students
- ETH Zurich Masters Scholarships
- Seyi Makinde Scholarship Scheme
3. The scholarship emphasizes explicitly groups who have historically been under-represented, including but not limited to female scholars, people from refugee and displaced backgrounds and disabled scholars.
Necessary residence considerations will be made for students from refugee and displaced backgrounds.
If you have any questions concerning University of Oulu Masters Scholarships, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.