The Vice-Chancellor and the management of the Mountain Top University (MTU) Prof. Elijah A. Ayolabi On behalf of Council, Senate, Staffs, Students and the entire University Community Cordially Invites the General Public to the 1st Convocation Ceremony of the Award of First Degrees for 2019 Session scheduled to hold as follows:
Date: Friday 20th December, 2019
Venue: Multi-Purpose Hall
MTU Convocation Ceremony Programme of Events.
Notice to MTU Graduands.
The Management of Mountain Top University (MTU) congratulates graduands on the successful completion of their course in the University. Graduation is a very important aspect of your life. Therefore, please read this notice very carefully:
1. Each Graduand is expected to collect his/her academic outfit before the day of the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of Convocation levy (for Matriculation Gown and Certificate) as well as a separate receipt for the Mountain Top University Alumni Association (MTUAA) membership levy.
2. Academic outfits and Order of Proceedings (OOP) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Colleges.
3. Academic outfits should be returned not later than 24 hours after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of N5, 000.00 (Five Thousand Naira only) per day.
4. Graduands are advised to be properly dressed (in accordance with the University dress policy), robed and seated not later than 8.30 a.m. on the day of the convocation. The assistance of College Officers should be sought to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn. The tassel (cord) of the cap should be worn to the right.
5. Graduands will not be allowed into the convocation hall once the procession has commenced.
6. Graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from the right to the left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, after the Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the Mountain Top University.
7. Female Graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Chancellor, while male Graduands would bow, but should not remove their caps.
GRADUANDS ARE TO PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY FOR COMPLIANCE:
8. Graduands shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the University Multipurpose Hall Graduands in each College are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall.
9. Unauthorized movements and taking of photographs will not be allowed in the Hall. Graduands are, therefore, advised in their own interest to complete such activity in good time before coming into the Hall, or wait until after the Ceremony. Any Graduand who leaves his/her seat will not be allowed to return to the Hall.
10. All photographs would be taken only by the University Official Photographers. All Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem are sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
11. All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they hire the academic outfits.
12. All cell phones should be put in the (flight) mode throughout the ceremony.
Convocation Levy – 20,000.00
Mountain Top Alumni Association (MTUAA) Levy – 5,000.00
Mode of Payment
Convocation Levy Account
Bank: First Bank of Nigeria PLC
Account Name: Mountain Top University
Account Number: 2030309564
MTU Alumni Levy
Bank: Ecobank Nigeria PLC
Account Name: Mountain Top University Alumni
Account Number: 4250005597
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.