Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) World Maritime Day Essay Competition 2023/2024 | Win Cash and Other Prizes.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition: Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) has started accepting entries for its 2023/2024 World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
NIMASA Essay Competition: The deadline for submission of entries for the NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organizing an essay competition to commemorate the 2023 World Maritime Day with the theme “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet”.
The essay competition is designed to create awareness of the tremendous opportunities in the maritime sector and engender the interest of Nigerian youths to pursue careers in it.
The World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and member states globally to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security, marine environment, seafarers and other specific aspects of IMO’s work.
See Also: Padua International Excellence Scholarship Application
Topic for NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition
The topic is ‘SEAFARERS: AT THE CORE OF SHIPPING’S FUTURE‘ in line with the theme of the 2023 World Maritime Day.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Prizes
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 Education Grant each & a plaque
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Requirements
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
How to Enter NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Essays to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Essays submitted after the deadline will not be considered
- Only successful participants will be contacted
- Presentation of Prizes & Awards will be notified within two weeks after the deadline
- Prizes & Awards will be presented at a date to be announced.
If you have any questions concerning NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.