National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Courses and Admission Requirements.
NOUN Courses and Admission Requirements: The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has released its accredited courses approved by The National University Commission (NUC) for admission exercise into Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programme. See List of NOUN Courses below
The management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has released it accredited courses approved by National University Commission( NUC) for admission exercise into Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programme.
List Of Courses Offered in National Open University For All Programmes & Subject Combination
Click on the link representing your course to access your subject combination.
FACULTY OF ARTS:
- B.A. English
- B.A. French
- B.A. Arabic
- B.A. Hausa
- B.A. Igbo
- B.A. Yoruba
- B.A. Islamic Studies
- B.A. Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. Philosophy
- PGD. Christian Religious Studies
- M.A. Christian Religious Studies
- M.A. English Language
- M.A. Islamic Studies
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES:
- B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Agro Business
- B. Agric. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- B. Agric. Animal Science
- B. Agric. Soil and Land Resources Management
- B.Agric Crop Science
- PGD Agricultural Extension and Management
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Public Administration
- B.Sc. Marketing
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Cooperative and Rural Development
- PGD. Business Administration
- PGD. Public Administration
- PGD. Entrepreneurship
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters in Public Administration
- M.Sc. Business Administration
- M.Sc. Public Administration
- M.Sc. Entrepreneurship
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
- B.NSc. Nursing (new)
- B.NSc. Nursing (Direct Entry)
- B.Sc. Public Health
- B.Sc. Environmental Health Science
- PGD. Public Health
- M.Sc. Public Health
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Information Technology
- B.Sc. Environmental Management and Toxicology
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Maths and Computer Science
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Physics
- PGD. Information Technology
- M.Sc. Information Technology
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.A (Ed.) Early Childhood Education
- B.A (Ed.) English
- B.A (Ed.) French
- B.A (Ed.) Primary Education
- B.Sc.(Ed) Health Education
- B.LIS Library Science
- B.Sc.(Ed) Human Kinetics
- M.ED. Educational Technology
- M.ED. Science Education
- PGD. Education
- M.ED. Administration and Planning
- M.ED. Guidance and Counselling
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Mass Communication
- B.Sc. Film Production
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. Tourism Studies
- B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
- B.Sc. Broadcast Journalism
- B.Sc. Development Studies
- PGD. Economics
- PGD. Mass Communication
- PGD. Criminology and Security Studies
- PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- M.Sc. Mass Communication
- M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- M.S.c Criminology and Security Studies
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD Public Administration
- PhD Mass communication
- PhD Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- PhD Information Technology
- PhD Christian Theology
- PhD Educational Administration
- PhD Educational Technology
- PhD Science Education
- PhD Educational Planning
- PhD Mathematics Education
NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
7. ACCESS PROGRAMME.
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public.
- Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice
- For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively
If you have any questions concerning NOUN Courses, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
- List Of Courses Offered at GSU
- List Of Courses Offered in UMat
- List of Available Courses in Enugu state University
- List Of Courses Offered in ADSU
- List Of Courses Offered in Eboyin state university
- List Of Courses Offered in Ekiti state University
- List Of Courses Offered in Delta State University
- List Of Courses Offered in Crutech
- List Of Courses Offered in Yobe State University
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this