One Young World Summit Climate Justice Award in Germany 2021.
Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award: One Young World is offering the Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award in the Summit holding in Munich, Germany, from 23–26 April 2021.
One Young World Summit Climate Justice Award
The impact of climate change is not a distant threat, its effects are being felt right now by millions around the world in the form of rising sea levels, extreme weather systems and devastating droughts. The sorry truth is that those most affected by climate change are those who are least responsible for its causes and least well equipped to withstand its effects.
See Also: Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest
A person living in the US creates 118 times more carbon dioxide emissions than a person living in Nauru but this small Pacific island is one of the nations at risk of disappearing due to rising sea levels. The situation might sound gloomy but the good news is that there are hundreds of thousands of people and organisations working to tackle climate change and address the global imbalance it is creating. This is the climate justice movement and One Young World is proud to be a part of it through the Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award.
The Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award was created by One Young World to recognise and support young leaders behind impactful climate justice initiatives that are preserving the earth for future generations. The award seeks to: Identify three young leaders at the forefront of impactful climate justice initiatives, Raise awareness of and celebrate their initiatives and directly support their initiatives with grants of up to £4,000.
Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award Eligibility
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Occupy a senior leadership role in a legally registered organisation which undertakes projects related to climate justice.
- Support the right to development
- Share benefits and burdens equitably
- Ensure that decisions on climate change are participatory, transparent and accountable
- Highlight gender equality and equity
- Projects must directly address sustainable development/or climate change with a particular emphasis on balancing the needs of future generations – this could be through financing, frontline services, advocacy, education, communication, legal/policy change or business solution.
- Projects should be clearly associated with one or more of the seven principles of climate justice:
- Respect and protect human rights
- Harness the transformative power of education for climate stewardship Use effective partnerships to secure climate justice
Worth of Award
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 22-26 April inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- £4,000 grant funding from One Young World to support their climate justice projects
- Participation in an exclusive mentorship session with Mary Robinson during the Summit
How to Apply for Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award
The application is online by filling out the form on their website
Deadline: Applications close July 23, 2020, 9:00 am BST.
If you have any question concerning Mary Robinson Award, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.