Palladium Group recruitment | National Logistics Officer at Palladium Group, recruitment in Palladium Group, How to apply for Palladium Group, When is Palladium Group recruiting, Palladium Group recruitment…See more details below
- Company: Palladium Group
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Logistics Officer
Location: FCT, Abuja
Overview/Objective of PERL Programme
- This is a requisition for employment at Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) – an Engaged Citizens’ Pillar (PERL-ECP) component, which is a flagship five-year Programme, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) in Nigeria.
- PERL-ECP has a 5-year life span from May 2016 with expected ending date of April 2021 and is operating in Abuja National Office which includes, a Federal Delivery unit located in the FCT, Abuja, 3 Partner states in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna with 3 regional locations in South West (Lagos), South East (Enugu) and the North East (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe).
- PERL-ECP is recruiting to fill a vacant position in our offices. PERL-ECP is managed by Palladium International Nigeria Limited. The PERL-ECP mandate is to effectively engage citizens to bring about improvements in service delivery and positively impact on poverty outcomes by working to ensure that constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing improvements in government ability to deliver services and policy issues for the benefit of greater number of Nigerians. PERL-ECP supports partners to work constructively with government, focusing on issues, processes and systems that are on the government’s reform agenda, as well as public priority for citizens. The core approach used by Engaged Citizens involves supporting locally led processes of change, enhancing the local actor’s ability to broker constructive multi-stakeholder partnerships, strengthening institutions for collective action, promoting attention to the mitigation of conflict and facilitating gender and social inclusion.
- We are recruiting a National Logistics Officer. Interested candidates are to apply through the link below:
- Shortlisted applicants shall go through a staged interview process comprising of a written Test and a Competency based interviews. For a candidate to advance to level of participating in the Competency Based interview, they must be successful in the Written Test first.
Responsibilities/Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics & Security Manager (NLSM), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- The National Logistics Officer (NLO) will support the efficient running of the ECP project from the Abuja office.
- This will involve arranging the safe and efficient transportation of all ECP staff and consultants and facilitating the cost-effective planning and hosting of all planned programme activities at the national and federal office.
- He/She will ensure that all logistical arrangements made for ECP staff and consultants are safe and compliant with Standard Operating Procedures within Nigeria.
- Arrange airport pick-ups for International STTA, ensuring that the traveller has contact details for the driver who will pick them up, and that STTA are given a working local phone, pre-loaded with emergency contact numbers, on arrival.
- Facility daily pick-up/drop off for Staff and Consultants (STTA) between the hotel and the office whenever authorised.
- Liaise with State Admin Officers to ensure that any inter-state travel is being appropriately covered and there are no gaps in the logistical arrangements.
- Manage Vehicle movement in the National office by co-ordinating vehicle movements based on the work schedule of the Abuja based team and visiting team members to ensure that all transport provisions required are efficient and effectively organised.
- Support the NLSM to ensure that project drivers conduct periodic check of assigned vehicles and that the vehicles meet the minimum required standards for vehicle maintenance and driving (to be checked periodically by the national office through driver training)
- Monitoring and conduct analysis of fuel consumption of office vehicles (checking logbooks, overtime sheets and receipts with drivers) and submit final reviewed log to the NLSM.
- Arranging security briefings for STTA on arrival and ensuring that the Nigeria Security Manager and the Security Operations team in Abuja are aware of the travel details of staff.
- Ensure that all travel by any ECP staff or consultant is pre-approved by the Nigeria Security Manager.
- Ensure the details of any trip made by an ECP staff member or consultant are known to the National Logistics and Security Manager and the National Admin Manager.
- Relevant degree on any related field
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
- At least a proven providing logistical support to large complex programmes in the Nigerian context
- The Ability to drive and the possession of a valid drivers’ license is an advantage.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both national and international staff members.
- Excellent security awareness with the ability to take decisions quickly
- Excellent Communication skills and the ability to communicate with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to work with remote teams and excellent attention to detail.
Applicants must be able to actively demonstrate the ability to live the following Core Values:
- Team play
- Respectful and inclusive
- Learn and share
- Adapt and iterate in their job function.
Applications Closing Date
8th November, 2019.
How to Apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including and proficiency in the use of MS Words and Excel etc
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to somebody. share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.