Queen Elizabeth Scholarships | Commonwealth Scholarship Application.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa: Applications are invited from citizens of (or refugees in) Commonwealth countries for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022.
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Also see: Weird Canadian Scholarships
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Join more than 35,000 individuals who have benefited from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth. 3 Scholarships are available in South Africa, starting in January-February 2022.
Scholarships are on offer in South Africa in the following subject areas:
- Medicine, health and life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering and mathematics
- Social sciences
- Arts and humanities
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa: Participating Universities.
The following universities are participating:
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- North West University (NWU)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University (SU)
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Venda
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa Eligibility.
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course)
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Benefits.
- A life-changing opportunity for cultural exchange and academic collaboration, studying in unique environments across the globe
- Awards are for two-year Master’s degrees and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- Award allowances include:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flight
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research support grant (on request)
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa.
Applications are open until 9th July, 2022 and must be completed online. Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
- Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Complete a QECS application online
If you have any question concerning Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.