Regret Quotes in Love and Life: Everyone has had at least one regret in their lives. It is a component of what makes us human. One of these things is relationship regret. That is why we have compiled this list of relationship regret quotes for you to help you move on.
Relationship Regret Quotes in Love and Life
1. “Sometimes, forgetting is the best gift you can give yourself to let go of your regrets.”
2. “My dad used to say that living with regrets was like driving a car that only moved in reverse.” – Jodi Picoult
3. “Sometimes I want to go back in time and punch myself in the face.”
4. No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future.” – Umar ibn Al-Khattab
5. “No man has no regrets, it is one of those things in life that we all have in common.”
6. “When we grow old, there can only be one regret – not to have given enough of ourselves.” – Eleonora Duse
7. “I wouldn’t say I regret anything. I would say I wish I did things better.” – Greg Oden
8. “Regret is such a terrible feeling but I don’t regret the love, the hurt, the moments…just regret I didn’t see this coming.”
9. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” – Basil Rathbone
10. “Eventually, your decisions come to a bigger picture, and you will be happier for them.”
11. “Always tell someone how you feel, because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye but regret can last for a lifetime.”
12. “The longer our trail of regrets, the more we tend to value the importance of making wise decisions.” – Bob Santos
13. “The first law of nature is self-preservation. Cut off that which may harm you. But if it is worth preserving, and is meaningful, nourish it and have no regrets. Ultimately, this is true living and love of self…from within.” – T.F. Hodge
14. “I have not an ounce of regret. Every link is so valuable in forming the chain that is my life. Who I am today is because of those links, and I wouldn’t change any of them.” – Alanis Morissette
15. Keep on being yourself and never regret anything in this world.
16. “I thought we were going to last forever, so why are you not here beside me?”
17. “Maybe someday, you will realize that what really matters is that you are done with it.”
18. “Do better things that will help you cover up or erase all the regrets you have in your life.”
19. “There comes a time when you can only revise what happened in your head.”
20. “Regrets are the worst things in this world, to wish for something impossible: to bring back time.”
21. Maybe tomorrow, things will be better if we stop judging others for the things they have.
22. “Relationships work best when you drop excess luggage from the past and live life forward with no regrets.”
23. “Forget about the regrets that you have right now and only think of the possibilities to come.”
24. “I am still wondering how I am ever going to live my life knowing you are not in it anymore.”
25. Do not blame anyone at all, do not regret things and live your life as you can.
26. “You were my what if, the one who got away, the person I wished could have stayed.”
27. “At one point in your life, you love this decision, you choose this, you wanted this.”
28. “One bad relationship could make you never fall in love again.”
29. “I don’t do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It’s too late for regrets. You’ve already done it, haven’t you? You’ve lived your life. No point wishing you could change it.” – Lemmy Kilmister
30. The key to not having regrets is to enjoy living your life to the fullest.
31. “Spend some time with the people you love so that you would not have any regrets later on.”
32. “One day, you’re going to look back and think about us, and wonder why you let it slip away.”
33. “I just want to shut myself from the world and forget about the wrongs that I had done.”
34. “I am still wondering how I am ever going to live my life knowing you are not in it anymore.”
35. “Life is short to keep living it with regrets so try your best to make yourself forget.”
36. “You can’t blame someone for walking away if you didn’t do anything to make them stay.”
37. “Sometimes I am wishing for a time machine, to carry me back to the regrets of my life.”
38. Make sure that you will be smiling once you look back at your past.
39. “The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I’d make all the same mistakes – only sooner.” – Tallulah Bankhead
40. Life is going to be full of surprises, so keep being surprised and forget regrets.
41. The saddest things in the world are to live your life full of regrets and misunderstandings.
42. “Its like I’m waiting for you to realize what you let go of.”
43. “Everyone has regrets, for the things they did or the things that they chose not to do.”
44. “I don’t dwell in the past; I don’t wallow in old events and emotions. I don’t waste time on regret. No use going over and over the details of what already happened.” – Yanni
45. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” – Roy T. Bennett
46. “Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait but it’s more difficult to regret.”
47. “The past could always be annihilated. Regret, denial, or forgetfulness could do that. But the future was inevitable.” – Oscar Wilde
48. “As long as you are happy with your life, the regrets you have will feel small to the point that it would not matter at all.”
49. “The mistakes have been done, it can never be erased but it can definitely be buried under the ground.”
Relationship Regret Quotes
50. Never let yourself be alone with regrets because it is going to be the end of you.
51. “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.” – Henry David Thoreau
52. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
53. “Tell the person you love what you feel about him before you regret not doing so.”
54. “Regret should be handled swiftly, and you shouldn’t hold onto it. People spend their entire lives regretting what they didn’t do and what they should’ve done. Hey, man, you did what you did.” – John Mellencamp
55. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you and then you’re going to hate yourself for letting me go.”
56. “I wouldn’t say I regret anything. I would say I wish I did things better.” – Greg Oden
57. If I did this, then maybe this would have happened ruined every person in this world.
58. “The simple fact is: sometimes you do regret the people you let into your life.”
59. “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Victoria Holt
60. I hope to see you when I go to our favourite café when I sit at our favourite seat.
61. “I spent too long making someone a priority for whom I was only an option.”
62. “These tears are not of regret, they are of sadness for the people who could have been here.”
63. Sometimes, I still imagine you here beside me, loving me like you used to before.
64. “Think of mistakes as detours to your success; know that things will be better in the future.”
65. When regrets eat you up inside, you die not to the naked eye, but your soul does.
66. “Maybe the answer has been right in front of you all along, you just did not notice it.”
67. “My dad used to say that living with regrets was like driving a car that only moved in reverse.” – Jodi Picoult
68. “The one thing I learned is to give everything a shot. You don’t want to live in regret.” – Chloe Kim
69. You deserve the things you get because of your choices, so do not regret them.
70. Regrets are like skeletons in the closet, taunting you every single day you wake up.
71. “Before you let someone go, make sure its a choice you won’t regret. Not everything can be undone.”
72. “Wanting her is hard to forget, loving her is hard to regret, losing her is hard to accept, but letting go is the most painful.”
73. “Stop living with regrets, they are very bad roommates; they would never let you be at peace.”
74. “There is no need to lament on the bygone failures, instead concentrate on things that you can change and let other things take their own course.” – Robert Gallagher
75. I never wanted you to leave me, I never wanted you to be gone, but you left; you are not here.
76. “Having regrets is sad; it is a nightmare, something that keeps on coming back.”
77. “Make sure that you are going to be smiling once you decide to look back at your past.”
78. The day I first saw you, I knew you would be one of the biggest regrets of my life.
79. “It takes only a moment to say you love someone, but a lifetime of regret if you let the moment slip away.”
- Bible Verses about Teamwork
- How Long Does it Take to Learn Violin?
- How to Apply for a Personal Loan
- Which is Better: HeartGold or SoulSilver? (Full Breakdown)
- Why is the Mona Lisa So Expensive? (Top 10 Reasons)
Love Hurts Quotes
80. “I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself.” – Brittany Renee
81. “I have tons of regrets, but I think that’s one reason that pushes people to create things. Out of their angst, their regret, comes the best from artists, painters and writers.” – Sylvester Stallone
82. “Never regret anything because it was exactly what you wanted at one time.”
83. “I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations – one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it – you will regret both.” – Soren Kierkegaard
84. Maybe the answer has been right in front of you all along; you did not notice it.
85. “Tell her you love her now that you have the chance because you might regret not doing so later.”
86. “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” – Sydney J. Harris
87. “Everyone has regrets, for the things they did or the things that they chose not to do.”
88. “What is the point in regretting this if you have decided to do this?”
89. “I have no regrets about this relationship but I promise letting me go will be yours…”- Alexis Oden
90. “Forget about the future, what matters is the now, you need to make the right decision.”
91. “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.” – Iyanla Vanzant
92. “I still hope that there will come a time when I do not feel all these regrets I have.”
93. “Regret doesn’t remind us that we did badly. It reminds us that we know we can do better.” – Kathryn Schulz
94. In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.”
95. “If your past comes back, remember the things that you have right now and why they are worth it.”
96. “Just give it your all, just love what you are doing and the regrets can come later.”
97. There comes a time when you can only revise what happened in your head.
98. “One day, you’re going to look back and think about us, and wonder why you let it slip away.”
99. History is nothing but regret, of the things we can never change, of the times that are done.
100. “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.” – Katherine Mansfield
101. “I hate how regret messes people up, makes them drive mad, makes them unhappy of their life.”
102. “Life is going to be full of surprises, so keep being surprised and forget regrets. The mistakes have been made, they can never be erased, but they can be buried under the ground.”
103. Every step that you take towards life is something that can be regretted, so be careful.
104. “You were my what if, the one who got away, the person I wished could have stayed.”
105. Think about it this way: the mistakes you made have helped mould you into a stronger person.
106. Take every failure as an experience, and you will never have an ounce of regret in your life.
107. “People usually do not recognize what is important in their life until it is already too late.”
108. “If you keep on regretting the things that are done, you will just keep on wasting your time.”
109. “Regret doesn’t remind us that we did badly. It reminds us that we know we can do better.” – Kathryn Schulz
110. “The biggest regret in relationship is not feeling happy about it and realizing it after so many years.” – Hrishikesh Zinjarde
111. “It hurts a lot when things are not going how you want it. I have quite a robust relationship with regret. You don’t know what the alternative would have been.”
112. “The biggest regret you will ever concur is letting go of someone you love.”
113. “You can’t blame someone for walking away if you didn’t do anything to make them stay.”
114. I still wish that you were here during those rainy days when I miss the warmth of your hugs.
115. “I made a mistake, now I’m living with the consequences. I regret it, I really do. And I’m sorry.”
116. “One day you’re gonna remember me, and remember how much I loved you…then you’re gonna regret letting me go.”- Drake
117. “That feeling of regret when time passes and you realize you’ve let the wrong person go…”
118. “I’m trying to make myself better. But I don’t regret anything that I’ve gone through, because it makes me who I am.” – Nick Carter
119. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Bal Whenever the door opens, I am still hoping to see your face and your smile once again.
120. I have quite a robust relationship with regret. You simply don’t know what the alternative would have been.
If you have any questions concerning Relationship Regret Quotes in Love and Life, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.