ST. COLUMBANUS Online Lectures | SCOSSI Secondary School Online Tutorials.
SCOSSI Online Classes, ST. COLUMBANUS Secondary School set to start: SCOSSI Secondary School Online Tutorials for 3rd Term Start on 4th May, 2020, Parent are to Download and join the zoom meeting room…See how to download and install zoom cloud meeting App below.
SCOSSI Online Classes
In another significant development, given the restrictions caused by COVID-19, the Entrance Examination earlier scheduled for the 1st of May 2020 is hereby postponed again. Instead, SCOSSI has decided to hold the next Entrance Examination online on Saturday 9th May 2020. To this effect, all prospective students intending to seek admission into St. COLUMBANUS are invited to go to the school website www.scossi.sch.ng and register for the online entrance exams scheduled for the 9th of May or call the school at 07037809022 for such registration. Those who had already bought the Forms will not need to buy again but those who did not buy can get that from the website. The registration for the online exam will end at 12 noon on Friday 8th May 2020 and the platform for the online exam is security activated to ensure maximum security and supervision according to SCOSSI standard.
Fr. EMEM advises all parents to publicise this and encourage parents with children of secondary school age to take advantage of this and register their children in St. COLUMBANUS for the needed holistic formation.
How to Attain SCOSSI online classes
(A) Download and join the zoom meeting room 1. Parents should download and install zoom cloud meeting App on their laptops and/or phones using this url http://zoom.us/support/download (For computers/laptops) and google play store for phones/tablets
2. After the download, sign up with details including email and password.
3. A mail is then sent to the email used, open your emails spam or inbox and continue the process from there.
4. Sign in properly with email and password. 5. Click on join Meeting and Enter the meeting ID and password provided by the host.
(B) Ensure your ward has his/her Student ID and Scratch card details to be able to log into his student dash board to download recorded lectures, access time table and access/submit his assignments online
(C) Send your phone number or any other browsable number to the online class teacher and your ward will be registered on the class Telegram Platform for series of interactive learning with the teachers.
(D) Tune into AKBC FM every day (Monday to Friday) between 11am and 1pm and also between 4pm and 5.20 pm for SS3 and JS3 to attend audio lectures on radio.
A STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR ZOOM CLASSES STARTING A ZOOM CLASS? YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE ZOOM APP.
1. Start by going to zoom.us
2. On the top right corner, click on the blue “Sign Up, It’s Free” button.
3. Enter your school email address and click “Sign Up”. You may use your personal mail too.
4. You’ll receive an email from Zoom to activate. Go to your email and click Activate Account.
5. You’ll be redirected to fill in your first name, last name, and create a password.
6. If you’d like to invite other administrators or staff members to sign up for their own Zoom accounts, you can enter their email addresses & select the “I am not a robot” checkbox. Otherwise, select “Skip this step”.
7. You’re good to go
SCOSSI Online Classes – HOW TO SCHEDULE A MEETING
OPTION 1: Scheduling through the desktop app
1. Open the Zoom desktop app.
2. Click on the Home button at the top left.
3. Press the Schedule button.
4. Enter in Topic, Date, and other related details and press Schedule. It is recommended that you make Registration required when scheduling a meeting, as that allows you to generate a registration report after the meeting is over.
OPTION 2: Scheduling online 1. Go to https://zoom.us/meeting (You may be prompted to sign in but will be redirected to the page after)
2. Click the blue “Schedule a New Meeting” button in the top left corner
3. Enter in Topic, Date, and other related details and press Schedule. It is recommended that you make Registration required when scheduling a meeting, as that allows you to generate a registration report after the meeting is over.
HOW TO JOIN A CLASS/MEETING
Simply click on the link sent over to you via email or click on the Meetings tab to join a scheduled meeting and you’ll automatically be brought into the meeting.
� Once you’re in the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in three different ways:
� Using computer audio (recommended).
� Dialing into a conference bridge from your phone.
� Have Zoom call you by entering your phone number and your meeting will call your phone.
BEST PRACTICES WHILE IN A ZOOM CLASS/MEETING.
.Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed in.
� Check your internet speed. If you’re on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
� Turn your camera on and have you camera at eye level.
� Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background noise.
� Make sure you sit in a well lit and quiet place.
� Be mindful of what’s going on behind you. Think about having solid wall behind you or turning on the virtual background.
� Be yourself and have fun!
IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME? TAKE NOTE OF THE INFORMATION BELOW
* Schedule your class in the Zoom application for your desired date/time and copy the invitation details to send to your students. *Please note that students will not need to register for an account to join. Yes! You read right.
* Join your class a couple minutes early to ensure a proper connection then follow the below tips for a quality online learning experience. Tips and Tricks for Virtual Lessons
* For your first class, set aside some time to introduce your students to Zoom. Keep asking them to ensure that they’re able to connect their audio and video.
* Give an agenda or plan for each class by Screen Sharing a document or slide at the beginning of class. This gives students a clear idea of how the class will progress, what will be covered, and the activities they’ll engage in.
* Discuss online etiquette and expectations of the students in your first virtual class and periodically revisit the topics.
* Utilize the Whiteboard or Annotate a shared document and let your students engage as well. When sharing a whiteboard, document, screen, or image, try whiteboarding math problems or have a student use annotation to highlight items such as grammar mistakes in a paper you’re sharing.
* Take time to promote questions, comments, and reactions from your class. Give a minute to allow your students to utilize reactions, write their questions in chat, or be unmuted to ask their questions live.
* Divide into smaller groups for a discussion on a certain topic. You can use Zoom’s Breakout Room feature to either pre-assign or auto-assign students into groups for a short period of time so they may discuss things together.
* Have students be the presenter and share projects with the class. This allows your students to show what they’re working on while practicing their presentation skills. It also allows students to hear from one another.
FOR EFFECTIVE VIDEO LESSONS (SCOSSI Online Classes)
* Pre-set your meeting to mute participant’s microphones upon entry. This helps to avoid background noise and allow your students to focus on your lesson.
REMEMBER TO PRAY AT THE BEGINNING AND AT THE END OF YOUR CLASS
* Look at the camera to create eye contact with your students. This helps to create a more personal connection while teaching over video.
* Take a second to check chat or your student’s video (if on camera) to check-in with your students and get feedback.
* Speak as if you’re face-to-face with the class while ensuring you’re at the appropriate distance from the microphone for the best audio experience.
* When delivering a presentation, sharing images, files or video, give your students a moment to open or take in what you’ve shared.
* Embrace the pause. Take a moment after the end of your comments and allow for students to engage before continuing on.
If you have any question concerning ST. COLUMBANUS (SCOSSI) Secondary School Online Tutorials, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.