Stellenbosch University Graduate School Scholarships 2021/2022.
Stellenbosch University Scholarship 2021: Application is invited to Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences’s for full-time PhD scholarship positions, funded by the Graduate School to a maximum of R138 000 per year for three years, See how to Apply for GEM Scholarships below.
Stellenbosch University Scholarship
The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences’s call for applications is open from the 15th of June to 31 July and will recruit for full-time PhD scholarship positions, funded by the Graduate School to a maximum of R138 000 per year for three years. The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
See Also: Rhodes Global Scholarships
Stellenbosch University Scholarship Requirements
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the above criteria will be considered.
How to Apply for GEM Scholarships
Follow these steps to apply for the 2021 cohort of the Graduate School:
- Read the criteria for eligibility stated above.
- Fill in the Application form
- You will be required to write a letter motivating your suitability for the scholarship (maximum length: one A4 page), as well as a research concept note (no maximum length) on one or more selected research topics or problems which you intend to study in the course of your doctoral programme. These should be completed on the application form in the relevant sections.
- Please consult the 2020 Research Themes to guide you in choosing a research topic. Research topics outside the listed research themes can be accommodated only if it falls within the current research themes that are active in one of the Faculty’s academic departments.
- Please note that scholarships can only be awarded where the Faculty is able to appoint a suitable supervisor for the topic to be studied.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee entry. There are limited scholarships available and awards are made on a competitive basis.
- Please ensure that your three references are informed that their referee reports stating your capability to complete doctoral studies should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email ([email protected]) on or before 31 July 2020.
- Send your completed application form electronically to: [email protected]
Due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by the 16th of October 2020, the application should be considered as unsuccessful.
The new intake of PhD will commence their studies on the 20th of January 2021.
Graduate School Office contact details Email: GEM@sun.ac.za
For More Information:
2020 Call for applications have closed.
Due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants that have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by the 16th of October 2020, should please consider their applications as unsuccessful.
The call for applications for the 2022 intake will open in June/July of 2021.
If you have any question concerning Stellenbosch University Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.