University of Ghana Recruitment Application Form Portal 2023/2024 | https://www.ug.edu.gh/.
UG Recruitment: The University of Ghana recruitment application portal is open for all interested and suitably qualified persons for the various vacant positions listed below.
UG Recruitment Application Portal
The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities. It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees. After independence in 1957, the college was renamed the University College of Ghana.
NOTE: The recruitment exercise will take effect from
1st August, 2021.
REPORTING TO: Registrar
The Public Affairs Directorate falls under the Central Administration and is primarily responsible for planning, organizing and managing programmes and activities which enhance the flow of Communication between the University and its Publics. Its functions cover the following main areas:
- Alumni Affairs
- University Publications
- Community relations
- University events management
- Relations with the media
- Protocol and official travel arrangements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Registrar, the Director of Public Affairs Directorate shall be responsible for cultivating, coordinating and maintaining the University’s relations with its publics, including the media. These responsibilities include:
a) Overseeing University functions and events including Congregation and inaugural, inter-faculty and valedictory lectures;
b) Receiving guests and visitors of the University and providing the necessary courtesies;
c) Regulating and controlling the putting up of notices, posters, and banners on University premises;
d) The maintenance of relations with the Alumni of the University;
e) The production of University publications;
f) Undertaking information gathering and analysis, perception studies and the identification of various groups of the general population;
g) Dealing with the media in matters affecting the University; and,
h) Discharging any other assignments that the Registrar shall deem necessary;
Applicants must have:
a) A good first Degree and a second Degree or equivalent qualification in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related fields;
b) At least 10 (ten) years’ cumulative, progressively responsible experience in a field relevant to Public Affairs at management level;
c) Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
d) Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration; and,
e) High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
f) Membership of a relevant professional association is an advantage.
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Chief Information Technology Officer/Director, Information Technology to take effect from 1st August, 2021.
REPORTING TO: Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research Innovation and Development
The Chief Information Technology Officer (CITO) will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders, formulation and implementation of the University’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support the operations and objectives of the IT strategies of the university are in place.
The person must have strong technical, administrative and managerial backgrounds to oversee operations and motivate a team of IT managers and staff under the directorate. The CITO must be able to develop and implement new IT systems and policies to support the University’s operations of teaching and learning and research within the limits of the budget and strategic priorities of the University.
Strategic Management & Administration
• Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the University including all its Colleges, campuses and Regional Learning Centres.
• Accountable for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects and ensure the continuous delivery and operation of integrated systems to support teaching, learning, research and administrative information systems.
• Responsible for coordination, facilitation, and consultation with all University management staff on information and communications technology and business systems initiatives.
• Proactively liaise with other members of University’s senior management teams at the central administration and at college level in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize the use of information technology in support of teaching, learning, research and administrative activities of the University.
• Participate in policy and decision making at executive management level regarding resource allocation and future direction and control of proposed information systems.
• Provide oversight responsibilities for the development of policies, programmes and schedules including privacy and security oversight for academic, administrative and financial information processing and computer services to meet the University of Ghana’s goals and objectives.
• Develop, direct and manage all computing and information technology strategic plans of the University.
• Advise Senior Management of the University on strategic systems conversions and integration in support of institutional goals and objectives and oversee to the development of the University’s technology investments.
• Oversee to the design and facilitate integration of sound IT architecture, technology and standards, and best practices for the University of Ghana.
• Ensure the identification and installation of appropriate IT infrastructure and services to support administrative functions and enhance teaching, learning and research.
• Interact with senior decision makers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information.
• Develop, coordinate, guide and maintain strategic IT systems and operational plans in support of the overall University mission and strategy. These plans will define a vision for meeting current and future information and technology needs for the University, while ensuring alignment and integration of IT with the overall mission and values of the University.
• Develop and maintain enterprise systems architecture, define standards and protocols for data exchange, software, and interconnectivity of network information systems.
• Participate as an integral member in the strategic planning process of the University.
• Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensure appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
• Lead the effort to negotiate all IT acquisition contracts, solicit involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
• Provide responsive advice, counsel, education and service to the University concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
• Communicate IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
• Determine pertinent information required by management in making effective decisions and ensure that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner through on-going review and education programmes at executive, management and user levels.
• Promote and oversee relationships between the University’s IT resources and external entities (e.g. government, vendors, researchers, auditors, and other organizations).
• Approve, coordinate, and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems for the University.
• Develop and maintain corporate IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information and communication technology systems.
• Negotiate IT service level agreements with user organizations and monitor IT systems performance to assure service levels are being met.
• Research and evaluate alternatives for the enhancement or re-engineering of IT systems required to support activities of the University.
• Develop, coordinate and manage the incorporation of enhancements to and re-engineering of University systems, in keeping with the needs and objectives of the University.
• Provide quality service to end users in needs analysis, solution recommendation, vendor selection, implementation, training, and post-installation support.
• Ensure that enterprise information systems operate according to internal standards, external regulatory standards, and legal requirements.
• Develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the University’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information maintained by the University.
• Develop and maintain a University-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
• Play an active role in the recruitment, development, motivation and retention of staff of the University of Ghana Computing Systems. This shall be accomplished through the consistent practice of sound human resource management concepts, thereby achieving teamwork, employee security, mutual respect, maintenance of the highest level of professionalism and a stake in the University’s success.
• Ensure that appropriate training programmes are in place to attract, retain and develop the key personnel required to support information services.
• Develop and maintain the annual operating and capital budgets for University information and technology systems operations. Responsible for monitoring IT activities and costs as related to the overall utilization of resources required to meet operational requirements.
• Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to optimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions that minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
• Review the University’s hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, solicit involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate. Develop, where appropriate, proposals for the purchasing or leasing of hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services to ensure continuous functionality of the University’s IT systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must have:
a) A good first degree and a Masters’ Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electronic Engineering or a related field.
b) Qualification in Management Information Systems, Business Management and/ Administration from an accredited and recognised institution.
c) A minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in administration and management role or executive leadership position with emphasis on prior experience leading an enterprise-wide system implementation and can demonstrate experience in collaborating with corporate subsidiaries, divisions and departments.
d) Professional certification in ITSM, PMP, CISSP, CGEIT or chartered engineer, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
• An accomplished relationship builder, with strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to solve complex problems.
• Effective leadership skills with expertise in the areas of interpersonal relations, planning, collaboration and issue analysis.
• Working knowledge of technologies and tools, enterprise systems and their applications; network systems and applications; relational data base systems, and application software and integration.
• Understanding of business processes and operations, college-level academic environment and the possibilities and limits of technologies.
• Working knowledge of systems security and audit.
• Working knowledge of grants and contracts, budgeting, resource management processes, operational effectiveness principles and decision-making tools.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels.
• Excellent planning, organising and presentation skills.
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team, be solution orientated, proactive and motivated with good time management skills.
• Excellent people management skills (coaching, mentoring, performance management).
• Demonstrated ability to create an environment that provides constituent-centered technology services and support.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate in business terms, articulate measurable business outcomes, motivate people and handle leadership challenges professionally.
The person appointed as Chief Information Technology Officer/Director of Information Technology shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment, subject to the usual terms and conditions of employment
Director of Academic Quality Assurance
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position listed below, to take effect from 1st August, 2021.
POSITION: Director, Academic Quality Assurance Unit
REPORTING TO: A Pro Vice-Chancellor
Reporting to a Pro Vice-Chancellor, the successful applicant should provide leadership, advice and expertise on academic quality assurance policies and procedures thereby ensuring a responsive and high quality service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant shall:
1. Advise the University and its Committees on Academic Quality Assurance matters and the determination and maintenance of acceptable levels of academic standards with respect to teaching, learning and research;
2. Supervise the conduct of evaluation of courses and lecturers by students, annual exit surveys of graduating classes and employer/tracer surveys;
3. Oversee the preparation of quality audits, quality assurance reviews, staff training and staff development plans;
4. Initiate the training of newly appointed Lecturers on teaching methodology and assessment of students;
5. Be responsible for the training and orientation of newly appointed Heads of Department, Deans and other office holders of the University;
6. Formulate and bring into force varied research quality and control procedures of the surveys that are conducted under the mandate of the Unit.
1. The successful applicant must:
(a) Be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that position.
(b) Be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of academic quality assurance.
(c) Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the University.
2. Required Knowledge, Ability and Skills
(a) Substantial experience at a senior level of quality assurance in higher education, including its application to international collaborative developments and arrangements.
(b) Experience of managing internal audits and implementation of Regulatory Bodies Quality Codes and other Quality Assurance guidelines and policies.
(c) Proven successful experience of making high level decisions and recommendations to senior management on quality assurance matters.
(d) High level understanding of the implications of higher education policy in the context of quality assurance procedures and processes, as well as previous experience of translating strategies into operational policies and procedures.
The successful applicant shall hold office for at least three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
Director of Institutional Advancement
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Senior Level Administrative position of Director of Institutional Advancement.
REPORTING TO: Vice-Chancellor
The University of Ghana (UG) Office for Institutional Advancement (OIA) has responsibility for developing and enhancing UG’s relations with alumni, industry and the business community, as well as profiling and marketing UG. The OIA also has responsibility for developing strategies to enhance UG’s access to resources and for setting and monitoring annual fundraising targets.
The OIA will incorporate the current UG Alumni Office, a UG Marketing and Communications Office, a UG Major Donor Fundraising Office and any other offices/desks to be created to ensure effectiveness of the OIA.
Working in close consultation with the Vice-Chancellor and the University Senior Management Team, the Director has the primary responsibility to develop and implement strategies that advance and enhance UG’s ability to source significant and continued funding for delivering on its mission.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of an overall UG fundraising strategy;
- Support College Provosts to develop and implement College fundraising strategies;
- Set annual fundraising targets for the OIA and put in place a system for monitoring and evaluating performance of the office in delivering against it targets;
- Develop business strategies to support implementation of the UG Strategic Plans and provide input for development of future strategic plans;
- Develop, with the support of UG Computer Systems, a webpage that would provide information on OIA, give options for e-donations to be made and present a suite of opportunities for donors to contribute to the advancement of the University;
- Develop and implement strategies for improvement of UG-Alumni relations with the aim of maximizing alumni support (financial or in-kind) to UG;
- Develop and maintain a database of alumni of UG and ensure regular contact with and updating of alumni on relevant developments at UG;
- Working in close consultation with the Public Affairs Directorate and other relevant Academic and Administrative Units of the University, develop a set of materials (e.g. brochures, fliers) to profile and market UG;
- Develop strategies for maximizing donor support to UG; this will include development and active management of a database of UG’s major donors and potential major donors;
- Solicit cultivate and manage major donor and philanthropy relations and proactively seek and develop contacts with major donors, creating avenues of access for UG Senior Management and other office bearers for targeted fund-raising to support research and special projects;
- Ensure that all office bearers (from Senior Management to Head of Department level) receive relevant training in fundraising, including ethical issues such as conflict of interest;
- Any other duties assigned by the Vice Chancellor
- A good first degree with a second degree in a relevant area is preferred.
- Candidates should present a record of a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Responsibility in institutional advancement employment with evidence of increasing responsibility and success in national or international environments is required. This should include work on annual funds, major gifts, work with foundations, design of capital campaigns and participation in professional societies for institutional advancement.
- wareness of cultural conditions that influence philanthropy in an African setting is preferred.
Director, Careers and Counselling Centre
The University of Ghana, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Senior Level Administrative position listed below, to take effect from 1st August, 2021.
REPORTING TO: Registrar
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF GHANA CAREERS & COUNSELLING CENTRE
The University of Ghana Careers and Counselling Centre was set up in November 1970 as the Career Advice Centre with the mission to assist students in formulating and achieving personal, education and career goals. With time, the Centre’s increasing role in counselling called for a name change to the Counselling and Placement Centre in 1977.
The name was changed again in 2016 to Careers and Counselling Centre to reflect the all-encompassing role of the Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of the Centre is responsible for providing leadership in the area of counseling and career advisory services in the University and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the Advisory Board of the Centre.
The Director is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the Centre are duly carried out by members of the Centre.
The Director is also responsible for the general administration of the Centre in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate should possess a good first Degree and a Master’s Degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience at management level. Membership of a relevant professional association may be required
- In addition, the applicant must have:
a) Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
b) Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
c) High level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership
d) Considerable experience in dealing with students at the tertiary level
How to Apply for UG Recruitment
METHOD OF APPLICATION
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy) or [email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
ii. An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
iii. A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the university website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UG Recruitment Application Deadline: Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 23rd November, 2020.
If you have any questions concerning UG Recruitment, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
- GSS Recruitment
- WAEC Ghana Recruitment
- Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment
- Ghana Ministry of Health (MOH) Recruitment Application Portal
- Ghana Education Service (GES) Recruitment Application Portal
- Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition Recruitment 2020 Application Form Portal
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.