Universities That Offers Part-Time Programmes | www.nuc.edu.ng.
Universities That Offers Part-Time Programmes: This article will show you all the Approved accredited Universities that run part time programmes by NUC and guideline on part-time and sandwich programmes in Nigeria.
Universities That Offer Part-Time Programmes
The management of the National Universities Commission (NUC) has published updated accredited Approved list of (Federal, State & Private) Universities that run part-time programmes by NUC and guidelines on part-time and sandwich programmes in Nigeria.
GUIDELINES ON PART-TIME AND SANDWICH PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
Below are guidelines for conducting Part-time and Sandwich programmes in Nigerian universities. All universities currently operating Part-time programmes are expected to comply with the guidelines on programme by programme basis.
Consequently, universities still interested in running Part-time programmes are advised to forward fresh applications to the NUC on programme by programme basis.
This is, however, subject to the readiness of the university to comply with the following extant guidelines on part-time programmes:
- The admission and graduation requirements, Staffing, Library and physical facilities requirements must be in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) for the various full-time academic programmes;
- For a programme to be eligible to run on part-time basis, the approved full-time equivalent must be available in the university, must have earned full accreditation and must be run within approved campuses;
- The enrolment into part-time programmes must not exceed 20% oftotal students ‘ population in the programme;
- The minimum duration of the part-time programmes must be 150% of the approved duration of the Full-Time equivalent;
- Approval shall not be granted for part-time programmes in Environmental Sciences, Engineering/Technology, Law,Medicine/Medical Sciences, Pharmacy [Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry; and Veterinary Science;
- All admissions into part-time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Part-time programmes must be run within approved campuses of universities where the human and material resources for the teaching of the programmes are domiciled, i.e. on the main campus of the university;
- Part-time programmes shall be subjected to the NUC accreditation assessment upon maturity of the programme;
- For any programme to be eligible for part-time mode, it must have produced two (2) sets of graduates and satisfied the Resource Verification Requirements.
- Commencement of a part-time programme MUST be subject to NUC ‘s approval. Approval of commencement of all parttime programmes must be obtained.
The National Universities Commission shall not hesitate to apply appropriate sanctions on any university which violates any of the stipulated Guidelines on Part-Time and Sandwich Programmes.
Universities That Offers Part-Time Programmes
The following Universities are currently approved by the NUC to run part time programmes:
- University of Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Calabar
- University of Benin
- University of Abuja
- University of Uyo
- University of Jos
- ObafemiAwolowo University, Ile — Ife
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University ofTechnology, Owerri
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Bayero University, Kano
- Ekiti State University, Ado – Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Cross River State University, Calabar, Cross River State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State
- Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State
- Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Eboyi State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State.
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State
- Lead City university, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin — City, Edo State
- Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo, Ondo State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
If you have any question concerning Universities That Offers Part-Time Programmes, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.