University of California Masters Scholarship: Applications for the University of California Masters Scholarship are now being accepted from suitably qualified students. It is a full-fledged scholarship for all students offered by the University of California in collaboration with MasterCard.
University of California Masters Scholarship
The University of California is a system of 10 campuses, five medical centers and three affiliated national laboratories. The Office of the President, located in Oakland CA, is the University’s headquarters.
Master’s degree applicants must first apply to a graduate program before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Scholars Program.
Benefits of University of California Masters Scholarship
MBA students need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarship, which requires meeting the Round One or Two application deadline.
Requirements for University of California Masters Scholarship
1. Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country: If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible.
This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
2. Excelling Academically: All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
3. Coming from an Economically Disadvantaged Background: We aim to admit those from the bottom two income quintiles per country.
This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
4. Having shown the will to give back to your community, country, or continent: We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about.
Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
5. Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies: We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return.
- University of Leeds Scholarship
- International Travel Scholarship
- West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
- Goldman Sachs Internship Program
- Hong Kong Baptist University Masters Scholarships
While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
If you have any questions concerning University of California Masters Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.