UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Programme Admission Form 2022/2023 Academic Session.
UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Form: University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) has started selling application forms for admission into its Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Programme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Form: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Nursing Anaesthestist Programme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
About UNTH Anaesthestist Programme
The post Basic Anaesthetist programme, University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH)Ituku/Ozalla, Enugu was established immediately after the Nigeria civil War in 1971. The Late Professor P.O Nwachukwu and T.I Eziashi developed and ran the programme with its first intake in 1971.
At that time the programme was solely to train nurse anesthetics to help relieve the acute manpower shortage experienced in the anesthetic discipline in (UNTH) The facility was later extended to other government and mission hospitals. Interest in the programme grew steadily and in 1978, the West Africa Health Community secretariat through contacts with late professor T.I Eziashi started sending and sponsoring candidate for training from other West Africa countries, including Liberia, Ghana, Sierra-leone, Cameroon and De-Gambia.
These advanced practice nurses are basically qualified professional nurses who have successfully undergone 18 months post basic specialist course of instruction in anesthesiology. They are certified, registered and licensed to practice as Nurse anesthetics by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria(N&MCN).
Products of this school (nurse anesthetics), practice anesthesia, in the whole of the West Africa-sub region and beyond . The Nurse Anesthetist demonstrates sound professional, moral and ethical standard in practice and recognize those situations in which the care needed is beyond his/her individual competence and requires consultation and / or referral.
UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Programme Duration
The Nurse Anaesthetist training programme is of 18 months duration. The courses in the programme are designed to 400 level course, arranged in three semesters and with a prefix of NAP (Nurse Anaesthetist Programme).
Annually, fresh students are admitted in April, to graduate in the month of November the following year.
On resumption of training, students spend the first four weeks in the classroom before being exposed to clinical practice. The training programme includes an exposure of at least twenty weeks outside the training institution, under the supervision of a physician anesthetist/ nurse anesthetist who attests to the student’s performance during the field work.
Each student has a minimum of 8 weeks night duty spread throughout the training programme.
UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Admission Requirements
For admission into Nurse Anaesthetist Educational Programme, the candidate must:
- Be a registered nurse with the N&MCN and must have at least three years post registration experience.(A post basic qualification is an advantage)
- Possess a minimum of five credits in physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English language at the west African School Certificate level or its equivalent in not more than two sitting.
- Be self sponsored or fully sponsored by a private, government or voluntary agency.
- Pass a pre-admission examination and interview. The panel of six interviewers is made up of:
- One Anaesthesiologist (HOD,Anaesthesia)
- The chairman M.A.C or his representative
- The Deputy Director of Nursing or representative
- The Coordinator, Post Basic Nurse Anaesthetist Programme
- One nurse anesthesia educator in the school
- One nurse anesthesia clinician from the theater.
How to Apply for UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Programme
- Sale of application forms for admission into the School starts in March and ends in August each year.
- An application form costs five thousand naira (5,000.00)
- This form is available for completion, on-line
- Common entrance examination is in September
- Result of the examination is published on-line, including date and requirements for the interview
- Similar Interview result can only be sourced on-line
All transactions are possible with UNTH scratch card sold at affordable price.
- Registration of New Students
- Registration forms are completed, on-line
- Annual Update Course.
The school organizes annually, update course for practicing nurse anesthetists in the last two weeks of May. Participants register on-line.
Registration is fifty thousand naira (N50,000) and covers tea break, lunch, conference bag and materials, transportation for the two weeks.
1. PAYMENT INSTRUCTION
IN-BRANCH PAYMENT (FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK, FCMB)
- Make payment at First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Presidential Road Branch, Enugu.
- Or at FCMB cash office in UNTH Ituku/Ozalla Enugu.
- Bank will give you a print out with a pin
- Use the pin and fill the application form at any cyber cafe
2. APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTION
FILL APPLICATION FORM
- Go to APPLICATION on the menu and click APPLY to start application
- Click on MAKE PAYMENT to pay for and obtain PIN to be used for verification
- Fill the application form (take not of compulsory fields with asterisks *)
- Preview your application details
- Verify PIN and print all accompanying slips.
- If you filled the entire application to the last step when your receipt is not ready yet, kindly save and copy the application number (Note your application is not yet submitted). To continue your application, go to APPLICATION and click on REPRINT APPLICATION, then enter your application number and click PAYMENT VERIFICATION to print your slip.
REPRINT APPLICATION FORM/EXAM SLIP
- To reprint your slips, go to APPLICATION on the menu and click REPRINT APPLICATION
- Enter your Application number and click on PRINT FORMS
3. APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Amount: N10,000 (Payment is non-refundable)
- Start Date: 10th June 2021
- Application Deadline: Not Yet Fixed
4. INTERVIEW DATES
- Date of examination: Not Yet Fixed
- Oral interview: Not Yet Fixed
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- You must be a registered nurse (RN) with a current license.
- Hold the West African School Certificate or General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level with credits in: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- UPTH Post-Basic Nursing Form
- UNTH School of Nursing Admission Form
- Akwa Ibom State School of Nursing Admission Form
- Nursing Study Abroad Programs for College Students Application Form
If you have any questions concerning UNTH Post Basic Nursing Anaesthestist Form, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.