World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2022 for Young African Scholars to Study at The University of Cape Coast.
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship: World Bank ACECoR Programme invites Applications from young African scholars for the World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2022/2023 to Study at the University of Cape Coast.
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship
The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) established under the World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project and hosted by the Centre for Coastal Management, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, invites suitably qualified national, regional and international applicants into its MPhil and Ph.D. degree programmes.
The overarching goal of ACECoR is to support technical capacity development of young African professionals to address issues of coastal degradation, as well as promote the sustainable utilization and management of marine and coastal assets within the sub-region. ACECoR will carry out education and research programs in collaboration with academic institutions and industries at the national, regional and international levels to ensure a multi- and interdisciplinary approach to addressing coastal degradation across the sub-region.
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship Objectives.
The specific objectives of ACECoR are to:
- Enhance capabilities of young African scholars in the thematic areas of Coastal Geomorphology and Engineering, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Disaster Risk Management and Migration, Ecosystems and Biodiversity Science and Blue Economy, Governance and Social resilience.
- Provide demand-driven applied research data and innovation for relevant industries and sectors in the above themes.
- Develop regional data support systems on marine and coastal issues.
- Create multi-sectoral networks for marine and coastal for an integrated approach to resolving coastal degradation in West Africa.
- Provide career development for faculty through an international exchange programme and in-service training.
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must qualify for admission to masters and doctorate programmes at the University of Cape Coast. All programmes run at ACECoR are hosted in specific academic departments within UCC and have separate application procedures from the scholarship which is provided by the Centre. It is therefore important for prospective applicants to note that application into the programmes is independent from application for the scholarship.
- For the 2022/23 scholarship application process, applicants are not required to apply to the University of Cape Coast before applying for ACECoR scholarships. However, all successful applicants will have to complete the UCC admission process and be admitted to qualifying for the award of scholarship.
How to Apply for World Bank ACECoR Scholarship
To apply to ACECoR for scholarship, fill the online scholarship application form and upload the required documents. Omission of any of the documents will be deemed incomplete application and not considered.
Prepare these documents for your application.
- Confirmation page of the application to UCC for the selected programme
- Certified true copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Motivation
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one from a former lecturer/supervisor)
- A 2-3 (for MPhil) or 3-5 (for Ph.D.) page research proposal in the preferred area of research
Visit the Official Webpage for more information
If you have any questions concerning World Bank ACECoR Scholarship, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.