World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2022 Application Form Portal.
World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2022: World Bank has start accepting applications from citizens of member countries of the World Bank Group for its 2022 Young Professionals Program (YPP).
World Bank Young Professionals Program
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
See Also: FCMB Youth Entrepreneurship Masterclass
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who hold a graduate degree and are skilled in areas relevant to public and private sector development operations. These areas include economics, finance and political risk insurance in emerging markets, education, health, social sciences, infrastructure development, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource management and others.
Young Professionals are expected to make significant contributions toward their unit’s work program while they gain a broad overview of the WBG’s policies and work. As part of their two-year program and in line with their units’ business needs and Young Professionals’ interests, they are expected to undertake a business driven “stretch/exposure assignment” where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience.
Young Professionals in the Operations stream are likely to join colleagues on field business trips, also called ‘missions,’ in developing countries. These missions present invaluable opportunities for Young Professionals to experience firsthand the challenges of global development, understand key aspects of our work, and get exposed to WBG’s clients and their problems.
A comprehensive development curriculum has been designed to ensure that YPs develop a WBG mindset, quickly gain the foundational learning needed to understand and contribute to the WBG, and build the competencies required at an officer’s level: collaboration, leadership, integrative thinking, and innovation skills, while strengthening a culture of continuous learning.
The curriculum includes a blend of learning activities in a WBG cohort, small groups or individually, ranging from on-boarding activities, e-learning, cohort discussions with WBG leaders, leadership training, to career development conversations, and networking opportunities.
Coaching and Mentoring
- YP Buddy: Before they join, Young Professionals are assigned a YP buddy from the previous year’s group, based on their professional interests and cultural background. YP buddies help new recruits to better settle in the new organization and location, as well as to understand the expectations and challenges of the program.
- Technical Buddy: In their hiring units and within the YP’s first week, an experienced colleague is assigned as a “go-to person” to answer technical questions in their fields.
- WBG Mentor: In their second year, once they have settled into their jobs, Young Professionals are offered a mentor—a technical senior colleague—with whom they can discuss career options, “stretch/exposure” assignment opportunities, and gain insight into the organizational culture.
- Peer-Coaching Groups: At several points during the year, Young Professionals meet in small subsets of their cohort to exchange—in a safe, intimate, and virtual format—some of the challenges they are facing and receive coaching from their peers, sometimes accompanied by an executive coach or an HR professional.
- Youth Program Team: The Youth Program Team is dedicated to recruiting and helping integrate Young Professionals into the WBG. It coordinates activities designed to support YPs, including mentoring and guidance, helping formulate career strategies, and others. The Youth Program Team is a one-stop shop for Young Professionals looking for support and guidance.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Compensation and Benefits.
YPs are offered a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Eligibility.
- Applicants must be born on or after October 1, 1988;
- Have a Master’s or doctoral degree;
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas;
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level;
- Fluency in English;
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- They welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
How to Apply for World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP).
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Transcripts. Transcripts should display an expected graduation date, if currently enrolled.
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations. Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Click the Official Link to Apply
If you have any question concerning World Bank, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.