Nigerian Police Portal www.police.gov.ng Portal Update 2021/2022.
www.police.gov.ng Portal: Below is the Nigerian Police Portal www.police.gov.ng Portal Update 2021. Interested person can easily obtain any information concerning the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) Here. (https://police.gov.ng/)
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police. For administrative ease, the Force is divided into Eight (8) administrative departments, viz.
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE
www.police.gov.ng Portal: Section 214 of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution reads: There shall be a Police Force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the Nigeria Police Force, and subject to the provision of this section no other Police Force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof. We are going to through more light on the below topics:
- The Nigerian Police History
- Duties of the Nigerian Police Force
- Ranks of the Nigerian Police Force
- Nigeria Police Force Administrative Structure
- When is the Nigeria Police Force Application Deadline
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2021 Requirement
RELATED NPF POST:
- Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021
- Nigerian Police Force Screening Date 2020/2021 and Exams Centres
- Nigerian Police Aptitude Test/Screening Date & Venue 2020/2021
- Federal Government Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
The Nigerian Police History
The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force are under the Inspector General of Police. For administrative ease, the Force is divided into seven (7) administrative departments, viz. Finance and Administration; Operations; Logistics; Force Criminal Investigation Department; Training; Research and Planning; and Information and Communication Technology, each headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police.
The Force is further divided into 12 operational Zonal Commands (usually comprising between two and four State Commands) and 37 State Commands including the FCT (usually comprising Area Commands which further comprises Divisions).
While the zone is headed by an Assistant Inspector-General of Police, the State Command is headed by a Commissioner of Police, the Area Command by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, and the Division by any officer in the Superintendent Cadre.
Duties of the Nigerian Police Force
www.police.gov.ng Portal: Section 4 of the Police Acts and Regulations lists the duties of the police force to include:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The protection of life and property.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
Ranks of the Nigerian Police Force
- Inspector-General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Assistant Inspector General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
Nigeria Police Force Administrative Structure
- Department of Finance and Administration
- Department of Operations
- Department of Logistics and Supply
- Force Criminal Investigation Department
- Department of Training & Development
- Department of Research and Planning
- Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Force Intelligence Bureau
Entry Levels into the Nigeria Police Force
- Cadet Inspector
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Nigeria Police Academy Regular Course
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2021 Requirments
- Nationality: you must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Age: you must be 18 years and above
- Education: you much have an o level certificate which much includes a least 5 credit (mathematics and English)WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: Must have a good character and must not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past.
- Height: Must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men and 1.64 meters for women.
www.police.gov.ng Portal Note: All Candidates must go for a full medical examination before selection.
When is the Nigeria Police Force Application Deadline?
The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2020 application has reached its deadline. Dear Applicants, please note the physical screening exercise has been concluded and we are currently short-listing candidates for the Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates are advised to be patient as no date has been fixed for the CBT.
If you have any questions concerning www.police.gov.ng Portal, please feel free to use the comment box below and ask us your question. We will be very pleased to answer you.
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment Form 2020/2021 Application Portal
- (UPDATED) Federal Teachers Scheme Recruitment Screening Test 2020/2021
- Nigerian Army DSSC Shortlisted Candidate 2020/2021 | Download PDF List Here
- Nigerian Prison Service Shortlisted Candidates 2020/2021 Full PDF List
- Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2020/2021 Form portal – Apply Here
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal
- Nigerian Custom Service Shortlisted Candidate 2020/2021 | Download NCS Full PDF
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Shortlisted Candidate 2020/2021
- Federal Road Safety Recruitment Application Form Portal 2020/2021
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Course 28 Recruitment Application Portal 2020
You can share this information, with your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.